fryczco

Newbie needing advice

Iam an electrician and am looking to install a camera system in my yard because someone has been coming in at night and steeling copper. I want to do about 8-9 cameras. I want to be able to see the cameras on my android phone. I'm looking for advice on whats a good dvr and camera system to get. I don't want anything crazy and don't know if there is a kit that I should buy or buy everything separate. A friend of mine has a zmodo system but I heard that it really isn't that good. Please help me go in the right direction.

Im going to have to ask him what the model number is. I know that it was a 16 channel dvr and the kit came with 8 bullet cameras

What you need it to do and what you can afford. Before purchasing anything, make sure that their customer service is just that, customer service. There is somebody that will either answer the phone, talk to you on chat or return your emails, 24/7, because eventually you will have a problem. Zmodo, that you referenced to, has never let me down (so far).

Dennis

I have an electrical contracting company and at my yard at night someone is steeling copper. So I wanted to do some cameras inside and out that can see a plate on a car. I want to dvr to do 9 cameras so if I want to add one I can. I want to be able to access it from my phone and computer at home.