nikospit

PTZ camera goes to preset when IR beam gives alarm

Hello everyone,

I have a project and i' ve been asked that when a perimeter ir beam zone gives an alarm to the alarm panel the PTZ cameras on the field must go to the given preset, which will focus on that zone for a given duration, then go back to the default preset. The connection to the alarm panel is through FTP. The PTZ cameras are also connected to a DVR and all elements a interconnected (DVR,PTZ cameras, alarm panel). Please can someone help on how to do this ? Is it a question of DVR or camera programming ? From what i have understand so far is that the command to PTZ, go to this preset,will have to come from the alarm panel, since the zone (ir beams) will be break.

Thanks a lot

Hello everyone,

I have a project and i' ve been asked that when a perimeter ir beam zone gives an alarm to the alarm panel the PTZ cameras on the field must go to the given preset, which will focus on that zone for a given duration, then go back to the default preset. The connection to the alarm panel is through FTP. The PTZ cameras are also connected to a DVR and all elements a interconnected (DVR,PTZ cameras, alarm panel). Please can someone help on how to do this ? Is it a question of DVR or camera programming ? From what i have understand so far is that the command to PTZ, go to this preset,will have to come from the alarm panel, since the zone (ir beams) will be break.

Thanks a lot

Hi

Can you send me an email ?

It depends the PTZ unit and alarm center .

regards

Philip

VIDOcanada@gmail.com

Is it a question of DVR or camera programming ? From what i have understand so far is that the command to PTZ, go to this preset,will have to come from the alarm panel, since the zone (ir beams) will be break.
As sonyfcb stated, your answer is "It depends".

Typically the alarm would have to trigger something: either the VMS or a second device, like a matrix switch. This is often done with a sub panel of the alarm system that contains relays whose contacts are connected to the alarm inputs on an NVR or matrix switch. The system is then programmed so that if contact #1 closes (or opens), the VMS or matrix sends a command to a specific PTZ to go to Preset #2. The PTZ's preset is programmed accordingly.

Some systems also allow a dwell time to be set, so that after the PTZ goes to Preset #2 a programmable timer initiates a return to Preset #1 (home position) until another alarm is received. Some PTZs also have a setting that makes them return to home after a specific period but I never liked that idea.

I'm in a field where PTZs are manned and may be set at certain positions for long periods while observing something. It would be annoying or even dangerous to set an automatic "Return to home position" function.