Sign in to follow this  
HaeSuse

Recording Marital problems

Hey guys. I am completely new to the whole surveillance thing. My question requires a little background.

My wife and I have been married almost 2 years. We have 2 kids. We also are on the verge of divorce. We fight nonstop; brutal destructive fights. They are tearing us apart. Even though we rarely, if ever, fight about anything that makes any difference (fighting over what's for dinner, where someone's shoes got left, who did the last load of laundry, who's turn it is to change diapers, etc.).

We both want to make it work, and both fully believe the other person is 100% responsible for the fights. I suggested recording everything, so that we could then show it to our counselor, and look at it ourselves. Give us a way to measure and analyze, and also a path to fixing it. If we both fully believe the other is to blame, we will never get anywhere. But if the recordings made counselor after counselor say "well, it's clear that the husband is to blame," or "the wife is to blame", then we would have something to go on. Something to fix. Something to talk to our therapists about, etc.

So, what I need to know is... Is it possible to record everything? I mean, how bif do audio/video files get, if you leave them on "record everything, 24/7"? Can they be set to only record audio based on some trigger (volume of the noise in the room, for instance). Video based on motion detection is possible, I assume. But what could we do, to create a near-foolproof system to record all of our spats and fights, so that we could then, later, toss them on a DVD, take them to our counselor, and show her the video. Let her actually see what happens...

Does such a system exist? Is it feasible to want to record EVERYTHING? How much money are we talking? What system should I look at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks CCTVFORUM!

Nick

Hey guys. I am completely new to the whole surveillance thing. My question requires a little background.

My wife and I have been married almost 2 years. We have 2 kids. We also are on the verge of divorce. We fight nonstop; brutal destructive fights. They are tearing us apart. Even though we rarely, if ever, fight about anything that makes any difference (fighting over what's for dinner, where someone's shoes got left, who did the last load of laundry, who's turn it is to change diapers, etc.).

We both want to make it work, and both fully believe the other person is 100% responsible for the fights. I suggested recording everything, so that we could then show it to our counselor, and look at it ourselves. Give us a way to measure and analyze, and also a path to fixing it. If we both fully believe the other is to blame, we will never get anywhere. But if the recordings made counselor after counselor say "well, it's clear that the husband is to blame," or "the wife is to blame", then we would have something to go on. Something to fix. Something to talk to our therapists about, etc.

So, what I need to know is... Is it possible to record everything? I mean, how bif do audio/video files get, if you leave them on "record everything, 24/7"? Can they be set to only record audio based on some trigger (volume of the noise in the room, for instance). Video based on motion detection is possible, I assume. But what could we do, to create a near-foolproof system to record all of our spats and fights, so that we could then, later, toss them on a DVD, take them to our counselor, and show her the video. Let her actually see what happens...

Does such a system exist? Is it feasible to want to record EVERYTHING? How much money are we talking? What system should I look at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks CCTVFORUM!

It's called VOX.

Example:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Vox-Actuated-Recorder_program_18904.html

for starters.

Nick