Sign in to follow this  
George M

HFW-2100 and Zoneminder

Has anyone been able to get the Dahua HFW-2100 working with Zoneminder. I searced the Zoneminder forums but there is little there. The couple of posts I did find didn't get it working for me. I did find the RSTP info for the camera:

rtsp://ip_adx/cam/realmonitor?channel=0&subtype=0

Tried a lot of different configuration but never get a picture. Only get a black screen or a white screen.

Running MintLinux 14

Zoneminder 1.25

I do have it working with a Foxcam camera so I am pretty sure the install is correct.

Thanks for any help.

You are not puting the login data on the RTSP command. It should be like:

rtsp://IP:PORT/cam/realmonitor?channel=CHANNEL&subtype=ENCODING&authbasic=LOGIN

Login is encoded; you can encode it on the following web site (admin:123456 would come out as YWRtaW46MTIzNDU2):

http://www.base64encode.org/

Something like:

rtsp://192.168.1.100:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=YWRtaW46MTIzNDU2

You are not puting the login data on the RTSP command. It should be like:

rtsp://IP:PORT/cam/realmonitor?channel=CHANNEL&subtype=ENCODING&authbasic=LOGIN

Login is encoded; you can encode it on the following web site (admin:123456 would come out as YWRtaW46MTIzNDU2):

http://www.base64encode.org/

Something like:

rtsp://192.168.1.100:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=YWRtaW46MTIzNDU2

Thats what I have been trying. Isnt working. One clarification is that these are Q-See cameras (Dahua clones). I went to Bahama Security where you can input your info and it will spit out the code string.

On the first page, are you picking ffmpeg or Remote?

On the first page, are you picking ffmpeg or Remote?

I'm using a Dahua DVR to store video and Zoneminder as a backup and my remote viewing solution.

I can report that you need to use FFMPEG and the URL you generated from Bahama Security to make ZM work with anything Dahua I've had to interface with.

I'd really like to know if anyone has experience getting single JPG's out of the stream without third party software.

Some progress.

I realized there is a login for the DVR and a different login for a camera.

I reset the camera and then re added it to zoneminder. Used the login for a camera and I had video.

But now the problem. A couple of hours later I come back and the camera shows red. No video. No connection. I connect via IE and I can view it fine. I rebooted the computer, but still no working camera again. Dont understand this.

First things first, check the logs. You should have a link in the upper right hand corner depending on the version of ZM you're using. Post your errors here and I'll attempt to translate them.

also...

Make sure all of the supporting settings are correct.

If height, width and color depth are wrong it will cause problems. Normally it just won't work.

You can paste that streams URL into VLC and look at the streams information.

Since this was a new install, I just started over and reinstalled everything. Now works as planned. Have two Q-See cameras working.

Zoneminder has so many options I need to spend a lot of time reading up on all of them. First thing to fix is that when an event is triggered, it doesnt reocord the event in one long file, but instead breaks it up into many 2-3 second segments.