A friend just recently purchased a sunluxy h.264 network dvr. without a hard drive.

Im having a basic problem in which my pc monitor is connected directly into the dvr and i can see the screen saying no signal for the 4 camera views.

I have 1 camera connected but its not showing me any video at all. Is it because i dont have a hard drive connected even though i dont want to record yet i just want to see the camera in action.

Why is this? Someone please help.

All the DVRs I have worked with will need to ID a HDD during the initialisation when first powered up. If it can complete its initialisation without a HDD then you should be able to see your pics.

thanks for youre reply.

It completes initialisation when i turn it on but then comes up with message "HDD not found". will this though still not allow me just to view the camera and see what its like?

Or will i need to get a HDD?

Ok. So why am i having a problem viewing them live?

The box is loading up i can see the quad split screen but all of them are saying no signal even though the camera is connected?.

Camera not powered up, non working camera, bad cabling, PAL/NTSC setting opn your DVR wrong, ... who knows. Try to connect one of those cameras directo to a TV to see if you get any video.