akiz90

D1 resolution VS CIF

Hello all i really need your help on this one, because if everything is ok i'm about to make a good deal for my job.

There is a company that claims to offer me DVRs in a really low price to use for my clients...they claim that their DVRs have D1 resolution in all of their channels.

Is there a big difference between CIF and D1? Are my clients going to see a big difference?

More accurate...the exact specs are these (in PAL for Europe) :

*Recording Frame Rate (IPS) & Resolution:

PAL: 100/704x576; 100/704x288; 100/352x288

Does it worth my time and money? And what about frame rate? the more the best or not? how exactly does this work?

Thanks in Advance

I've seen this Vector18...is this what the offer me?

and what about recording frame rate? mine says 100....is that good or bad?

Im not good at resolutions and frame rates etc...i dunno who they work at all

Anything over 7fps is acceptable. When it says 100, that is your total amount with every channel added all together. Just about every dvr will allow you to make specific channels higher or less as long as your total amount does not exceed the dvr's limit. As far as d1 vs cif, D1 is your best bet. You will get a better resolution which will give you more detail. Not as much as a megapixel IP camera, but d1 is higher resolution than cif. Some people on this forum will tell you a megapixel camera set for lower compression will be equal to a D1 camera in full resolution though.

this is a DVR to stay away from the true frame is 50. once they hype the spec up its time to look for a better dvr.

what make is it ?

this is a DVR to stay away from the true frame is 50. once they hype the spec up its time to look for a better dvr.

what make is it ?

what do u mean "the true frame is 50"?

what make is it ?

what do u mean "the true frame is 50"?

hi.

IPS (Images Per Second) is only half of frames per second (fps) and another to look out for is field per second which also shows as FPS but is the same as IPS.

without seeing your dvr spec then i would say you may only have first channel that will do D1 with all the rest only being CIF

Are they offering a D1 view or D1 record? there is a difference. Some will let you view at a D1 resolution but only record at CIF. Are they sure there is only 100FPS sounds like a really odd number for the total FPS for the system.