iamvinh

CCTV solution assistance!

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help, I'm a complete CCTV novice, but have been doing much research, the criteria I require is below if anyone can recommend something;

- Minimum 720p (maybe 2-4 IP cameras on each site)

- Outdoor/weatherproof (ideally, but not essential a bullet cam)

- 90 to 180 degree viewing (higher the better but will take a view depending on price)

- I need to be able to access the footage remotely

- By remotely accessing, I NEED to be able to extract footage (hour segments) from the recording device

- Being able to delete remotely would be handy (but I know some overwrite)

I have been recommended a NAS/NVR, but having reliability issues with synology

Thanks, any help would be appreciated

There are many choices to go with.

Your best bet is to look at the many manufacturer websites and get a good feel for what's out there that may suit your needs.

What kind of budget do you have in mind?

There are a lot of choices for 1.3MP and 2MP cameras.

You can also find a good deal of 3, 4 and 5 mega pixel cameras and more.

How many sites are you looking to cover?

Most all cameras have remote viewing capabilities through smart phones and web browsers.

Many of them include free nvr software.

You are best trying to keep with one manufacturer because the nvr software will usually just cover their cameras or you will need to purchase licenses for others.

Some brands to research are:

Axis (well liked by most, a little more costly than others)

Avigilon

Vivotek

ACTi

Geovision (I just priced out a job with these as they are priced decent for the features)

Brickcom

Mobotix (expensive but supposedly very good)

Samsung

Panasonic

Arecont Vision (they have a few different multi lens 180 and 360 degree models)

Some of features you may wanna look for are

Varifocal lenses and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)

I am hoping to bring the it to a budget of about £2.5k for 4 cameras, for one site?

I intend to start with 2-4 sites, but if the system works as I hope it will, it could increase to around 20 sites in one year.

The key element to my requirements is being able to access and extract the footage remotely.

Thanks for the list below by the way. I've seen many of those names 'pop-up' a lot! But as a novice at this, I'm finding hard to pin-point my search to achieve the solution

I have been recommended a NAS/NVR, but having reliability issues with synology

Thanks, any help would be appreciated

What issues are you having with Synology? Issues with the NAS/iSCSI features or the surveillance station software? What model do you have?

90 to 180 degree fov is quite wide

Before you search too hard for cameras you should consider using some CCTV design software to nail down what resolution and lens focal length you need to cover with each camera. Once you have a list of cameras you can go shopping with a better knowledge of what you need to meet your goal for installing a CCTV system.

I am currently in the process of installing a Dahua NVR 32016 and 4x dahua ipc-hdb3200c cameras at one site. From testing one of the cams, the image quality is superb!

The cams came with 3.6mm lens and I would say they cover a very wide area

From what i have been told I should be able to download recordings to my home computer using the Dahua PSS software but I haven't tried that yet.

Cost of cctv equipment + poe switch + tv + other bits and bobs + cat5e wiring came to just over £1100. Excellent Value for money once I have everything installed.

I hope you have a great internet connection at the site. One problem I've found with Dahua is that unless you've got some incredible speeds, remotely accessing and downloading footage is a royal pain (it takes forever).

I hope you have a great internet connection at the site. One problem I've found with Dahua is that unless you've got some incredible speeds, remotely accessing and downloading footage is a royal pain (it takes forever).

This would be the case for any megapixel recording, a half an hour clip for 1 camera easily mounts to over 1.5gb when recording at 1080p resolution.