SickNick

Approximately 46 IP Cameras - Super NVR or Server?

How would you decode/display 40+ 720p streams? With what workstation?

You're right, sorry wasn't thinking straight.

Would it make sense to get a server and run Avigilon VMS? I am not sure about licensing that for all my cameras.

How would you decode/display 40+ 720p streams? With what workstation?

I dont see problem up to 24-30 cam

done it before

see example below

All 2 MP doing 20 frames/sec

As ssmith10pn was saying do not exceed bandwidth

Clipboard011.thumb.jpg.a3a1fe0e62fbb65db77691e7a5d48fc2.jpg

are those recordings?

we were talking live output to, maybe, 3-5 monitors... at a resolution of the monitor of at least 1080p/monitor

are those recordings?

we were talking live output to, maybe, 3-5 monitors... at a resolution of the monitor of at least 1080p/monitor

Yes, recordings

Live video up to 24-30 cams no problem

What cameras, what resolutions are decoded, what codec, what bitrate type and what bitrate/camera?

Also, please provide info about the video cards he uses.

What cameras, what resolutions are decoded, what codec, what bitrate type and what bitrate/camera?

Also, please provide info about the video cards he uses.

Avigilon and Axis.... D1, 720P, 1080, 3MP and 5MP. 10FPS, H.264 for all HD cameras and JPEG2000 for D1... Max bitrate 12Mbps

Dual NVIDIA cards

Edited by Guest

Nvideo?!

I suppose NVIDIA. Could you provide the model as to estimate a cost? Can the cameras be switched to FullScreen too? Including the 3MP&5MP?

Understood they are mixed, but D1 it's 1/4 of 1080p and 1/2 of 720p. Also FPS it's 1/3 of a realtime. 3MP it's 150% of 1080p and 5MP is 250% of 1080p.

So, based on this, can you make a sum and put the max capabilities(number of cameras) of 25/30FPS@1080P?

Sure if I wanted to I could put 144 5MP cameras on all four monitors or 144 1080P cameras. Hell I could do 144 29MP cameras on 4 monitors if I wanted to.

Slow down Mike

He is setting you up

Out-of-topic

It's describing how the system decodes&displays a lower-bitrate/resolution stream, rather than the full stream (in the non-FullScreen condition)

Nowdays, any decent software/hardware does that...

Out-of-topic

It's describing how the system decodes&displays a lower-bitrate/resolution stream, rather than the full stream (in the non-FullScreen condition)

Nowdays, any decent software/hardware does that...

Why would you want to stream full res in a matrix? Your just wasting bandwidth.

Automatically?

Simple...

Single or dual device setup?

As in... NVR that will do storage, playback&live or storage server+workstation client?

Dual config means 2 X Hardware, 2 X Power Consumption (also 2 X UPS power), 2 X Monitor (you will need to monitor the recording server somehow, right?) etc

Due steams are always sent to the server.... The server automatically hands out the appropriate streams, saving processor load on the client machines and network traffic on the corporate LAN/WAN.

Edited by Guest

You can actually see the stream change when you click the thumbnail and toggle it to full screen.

If you have a 16 window matrix up with all 2mp cameras it wouldn't make sence for them to be full resolution unless your monitor is 15360 x 8640

But there is an option on the camera to disable dual stream if you insist.

You can actually see the stream change when you click the thumbnail and toggle it to full screen.

If you have a 16 window matrix up with all 2mp cameras it wouldn't make sence for them to be full resolution unless your monitor is 15360 x 8640

Or you can turn HDSM to Max

Where is the setting?

I've been thinking of the idea to go with the multiple NVR3208 setup, but I am thinking it is going to be a pain to review video. That's why I keep reverting to the NVR6000.

Even if I use PSS to manage all NVR video I can only play back 4 cameras at a time, which is a nightmare if you are trying to find something on video. I definitely would hate to goto each NVR and browse them individually either when I need to find something.

Where is the setting?

"change display quality setting" in the client software between the PTZ controls and matrix setttings

I've been thinking of the idea to go with the multiple NVR3208 setup, but I am thinking it is going to be a pain to review video. That's why I keep reverting to the NVR6000.

why not just change brand of NVR..... then you have much better options on which IP cameras you want to use.

and not have to use a PC alongside like you do with the dahua