Y2BNE1

Dahua 3200C with FTP & PSS

I've recently got dahua 3200c dome camera and trying to get it working with PSS. I've setup the camera to store motion detection videos/snapshots to FTP and have confirmed that its working correctly. I am having a problem viewing those recordings from PSS (Using Playback->DevRecord) where none of the recordings show up. I did get it working with SD card installed in the camera but FTP part doesn't seem to be working.

Does PSS support this function (Viewing recordings stored on FTP)?

Is there anything special I need to do to get this working?

No, it will not work. FTP can and should be used only as a backup for recordings.

Limitations appear because of the FTP protocol itself (for example, it doesn't support checking for available space)

Thanks.

So what would be the typical setup so that camera is doing the motion detection? I've checked the "destination" menu in the setup and I am only able to select "Local" or "FTP" (but not both) in Storage->Destination->Path. If FTP should only be used as a backup, how can I use it as backup while still saving recordings on the internal SD card?

The card is also used for backup, since, in normal conditions, it can't store more than one day of recordings.

The "correct" way to record the camera is via NVR or via PSS (although i recommend a NVR).