TTbarDJ

Internet Explorer Riddance

I have some generic DVR system from China. It allows remote viewing via Android and iPhone apps which work perfectly. The problem is it will only work with one browser, which is Internet Explorer. Apparantly it has something to do with activex yadda yadda. I detest Internet Explorer. I'm frustrated I'm being forced to use it to access my DVR from my PC.

If I can access the DVR from my smartphones, none of which run Internet Explorer or activex, why can I not access it from my computer without Internet Explorer? Smartphones are just small computers. What am I missing? Is there an "app" I can use? I know I can run an Android emulator and then install and run that way, but that to me is silly.

Any suggestions?

Here is a link to the manual for the DVR http://www.mailingfromchina.com/litb/Downfile/325408&325409_Manual.pdf

You can have other browsers run an Internet Explorer inside a tab (like, google "IE tab" for Chrome or Firefox). But you will still be running Internet Explorer, since other web browsers can not execute ActiveX.

Thanks for the response. I am familiar with IE tabs in other browsers. My goal is to NOT use Internet Explorer, in any form, hence the title of this post. I guess I should clarify my question.. Is there not an "app" I can install on my PC to access my DVR? If not... why? As in technically. why?