antdickens

uk gprs access to geovision

We have several clients who use their mobile phones to view shots from their cameras on, using the gprs service.

Most phones can access the jpegs as long as they have a colour screen.

Recently some phones have been starting to try get to the main geovision screen which pc's see. has anybody experienced this? The particular cleint is using Vodafone as the network provider on a nokia 6230

My nokia 6230 on O2 goes straight to the log in screen when i enter the dipmap address then once logged in i can select cameras to view.

Anybody know a way around it. The client cannot choose jpeg viewer from the screen as it doesn't load correctly on the small phone screen

Geovision now supports mostly mobile phone to receive the JPEG/GIF images in the market with following conditions.

Your mobile phone must support xhtml, chtml or html format and connect to internet with GPRS service, then you can view the images as i-mode function in your own mobile phone. Please refer to the instruction below in your mobile phone to view the images.

Step1: Go to URL and type in the domain name/IP address and port number if necessarry.

Step2: Input the username, password and choose JPEG or GIF format, then submit/send.

Step3: Select the channel that you are intend to view its image.

Below are mobile phone models support list can viewing Webcam function:

Motorola: A760, E398

NEC: N590i

Nokia: 3100, 3108, 3200, 3120, 3650, 6108, 6220, 6230, 6600, 6820, 7200, 7250i, 7260, 7270, 7600, 7610.

SonyEricsson: P800, P900, P908, P910i.

Siemens: SX1

LG: G7200

Sharp: GX-i98, GX-21.

Note:

1. Please make sure you've applied GPRS service before use this function.

2. Geo still does not support using IE to view the image from mobile phone.

3. If you use domain and still can't view the image, please try to use IP address and re-connect again.

4. Due to the different phone models might have different function of refresh, if your mobile phone doesn't have refresh function or it doesn't actually refresh live image, please find a "Reload" button or you may go back previous page and re-send again.

Scottj

Yes that is how we have used it until now.

But for some reason now when we tryt access the dipmap or ip address from the phones web menu we are getting to a distorted version of the 'compression selection' pc type screen

You are getting the "normal" web page, because you are using a phone that has a version of Internet Explorer, or some other advanced browser.

I had this on my Sony Ericsson K750i. I downloaded a Java web browser (Opera Mobile) and this sorted out my problem

It seems to be that these new 2.5G phones are trying to be a bit too clever!!

You will need to download a Java Web Browser application from the web and send it to your phone USB data cable for instance, and then install it.

What phone are you using?

SSView is for phones running the Symbian OS. ssview does work on phones with version 7 of the Symbian OS.

Tested phones include:

Sony Ericsson P900

Nokia 6600

Do you know the amount of KB that are transfered with the KODICOM cards and the PDA program..

Beacuse in my country the GPRS charges are very high..

I am thinking the UMTS, but very few PDAs have it..