Clydesdale

The better option

Good day to you all.

I am an uber newbie in this arena. I am trying to figure out who makes the best system. Q-See, Swann, or Lorex.

I have read a few posts on here and have seen them all trashed to varying degrees. I am not working with a large budget, so I just need something that will do the job.

Thanks in advance!

If you are not in a large budget, my suggestion is that you can chose Lorex

It is will be easy to buy from them and their price is reasonable.

The only question is that weather you know how to install them

My experience with a Lorex 8ch ECO system in a nutshell.

-Cams have an IR bright spot in the middle at night that washes out faces. Reasonable quality for short range recognition but basically useless for clear positive ID even under good conditions.

-Decent colours and acceptable visual quality during the day except when mounted in deep shade looking out at the sun because one of mine refused to switch to day mode during the day (one location only under my deck facing north) , causing zero visibility and a white/yellow screen.

-crappy recorded quality even on max detail and quality settings although this is fairly common with cheap DVRs

-decent reviewing interface for watching recorded video

-would randomly not show recorded footage occasionally for some cams if skimming through events in fast forward (which is all the time if you're looking for something). I had overlapping camera coverage and sometimes it'd clue me to rewind and press play, when ALL footage and cameras would show up and play. This seemed to be rare but caused me to not trust it. Not sure if that was fixed in the latest firmware update or not- DVR is sitting in a box at the moment replaced by a CNB. There WAS an updated firmware release about 3 weeks ago. Release notes said only that it fixed a security issue so I wouldn't count on it though.

-1/4 of the LEDs on one camera died after a few months