Sign in to follow this  
Clydesdale

GadSpot Bundles

Good day to you all. I am curious to what people have to say about GadSpot bundles?

I ahve also been looking at Swann, Q-See, and Lorex, but have not heard any favorable comments regarding those three.

Thanks in advance.

I use gadspot cameras but not their dvr's. I have no idea how they are. Aside from their cameras, I haven't heard anyone talk about gadspot dvr's, so it 's an unknown.

Does Gadspot make their own gear? Probably not. If not, then it depends on who makes it for them, and what models they are.

For instance, QSee is often considered junk, while their 720p 4 cam and NVR bundle is made by Dahua for them. Not the best equipment, but quite good for the money, and definitely not junk.

The same applies to all the brands listed. They just slap their name on somebody else's gear, and a good experience with one bundle doesn't mean anything about another bundle from the same brand.

A good rule of thumb for inexpensive analog bundles is that the cameras are not very good, while the DVRs may or may not be OK. You'll find this experience echoed in many, many threads here.

Yeah I was wondering who makes them as well. Never really been compelled to use anything but their cameras either. What I really am curious about is their IP gear. Hmmm.

I use gadspot cameras but not their dvr's. I have no idea how they are. Aside from their cameras, I haven't heard anyone talk about gadspot dvr's, so it 's an unknown.

How does the QS408 DVR fair? Is it still in production?

Thanks in advance.

You can still get a 408. I like it a lot, but I'd get a better dvr if I needed another one now. Something that does full D1 30fps on all channels would be a first choice for me now, for analog. And I would go with q-see over lorex or swann, but that's because I've had a good experience with qsee. However like I said, cameras are different and I went with gadspot for good prices on them. Would their dvr be good too, in a package deal? I don't know. You may have to try that on yourself.

You can still get a 408. I like it a lot, but I'd get a better dvr if I needed another one now. Something that does full D1 30fps on all channels would be a first choice for me now, for analog. And I would go with q-see over lorex or swann, but that's because I've had a good experience with qsee. However like I said, cameras are different and I went with gadspot for good prices on them. Would their dvr be good too, in a package deal? I don't know. You may have to try that on yourself.

I picked up an 8 camera set with the QS408--811 for $349.99. I figured for the price I could either upgrade the cameras or in about 2 years just swap out the whole thing.

I was looking at GadStone and thinking about the 750TVL cameras as their prices are pretty damn good!

What would you recommend?