th111447

Mounting Dahau HFW2100

Guys-

I'm ready to mount my HFW2100's cameras outside under the eves of my home. I have some ideas but it seems like it will be a pain in the rear to mount these. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how they have mounted these under the eves to hide the wires completely?

Thanks

Umm, stick the wire in the hole and screw the camera to the eve over the hole you just put the wires? Am I missing something here????

Well there is no support under the eve. I was attempting to see how others add the support. I assume the best is to take the fascia down and add a 2x4, put it back together and then drill hole and fish wire... Was hoping somebody had a better idea.

Since it is so high, you may not need to conceal the wire. Mount the camera on something supportive and put the wire in the hole than caulk it up.

I too would be interested in some pictures or some sort of visual guide. I have metal soffit I plan to install to.

Yep...I want to do a clean looking job one time. I see the only way to do this is by removing soffit and adding support. Unless somebody can provide a better method, I plan to do these steps to conceal all wires and have a solid board to mount camera to.

1. Remove soffit in area camera will be mounted.

2. Add a 2x4 In that location

3. Put soffit back in place

4. Drill hole thru soffit and 2x4

5. Fish cat wire out hole

6. Connect camera

7. Push all wires thru hole

8. Attach camera to 2 x4 with three screws

9. Add silicone around it

A lot of work but it will look good and come down

How about toggle bolts? Drill holes large enough through the soffit for the spreader piece to fit through, then tighten down?

Good idea Sifter. I stuck to my plan. It wasn't such a big deal to remove the soffitt and add a 2x4 for support. Two are up and look fine.