I have been looking for a camera to replace my Dahua HDB3200C. I think I may have found a likely candidate...Digimerge DND13TL2. This camera fits my bill for the following reasons

- Small form factor, even smaller than the Dahua

- 1080p

- Day/Night IR Cut Filter

- IR illuminator, a single IR LED. I don't have to worry about the porch light being off.

- descent price

- 3 year warranty

http://www.digimerge.com/product/dnd13tl2-hd-ip-mini-dome-ir-camera-onvif-1080-sony-exmor-2mp-tdn-poe/

Below is a screen shoot I took from the camera in a room that is pitch black. I still need to play around with the camera some more.

Has any one tested or used these cameras?

Edited by Guest

It has been raining, so I have not had a chance to mount it outside. Currently have in the game room until weather permits.

That little window is where a single IR LED is located

Looks like the IR LED market is moving the same direction as white light LEDs, where you can get 300 lumens out of a single LED easily, if your heatsinking is good. Modern single LED flashlights are almost always far superior to inexpensive multi-LED flashlights, which are mostly junk these days.

IR LED output is harder to compare - you can't use lumens, and few OEMs spec the actual radiated IR power or the LED part number. You pretty much have to do a side-by-side to get relative IR effectiveness.

Seems a little noisy, but I might be wrong...

Good opinion can be made after you upload/post a full 1080p snapshot and, maybe, in a dark, outside enviroment

I finally go the camera mounted. I was trying to focus the camera so I can get more view of the street but there are tabs that prevent the camera from swiveling too far. I ended up cutting of the tabs, but also noticed the black area at the top left & right corners of the shots.

216456_1.jpg