Securame

Dahua 1080p stream-Viewable remotely from smartphone/tablet?

I have been unable to find a way to view from remote a 1080p stream from a Dahua IPC.

I have a HDB3200C demo unit which I can take to a customers place to show it; I connect it with a small battery and access point, and then I can easily show a customer what the camera is seeing. I recently purchased a Nexus 10 which has a 1920x1080 screen, which I thought would be ideal for demos because, it would show the camera quality at full resolution. But I have been unable to find a way to connect to the main stream with either GDMSS or GDMSS HD. I have both versions paid, and GDMSS HD allows you to configure the extra stream (CIF and D1), but I can not connect to the main stream.

With a laptop I can use PSS and connect to the main stream with no problem. But it is way bulkier to move around, and my current laptop only has a 1366x768 screen, so I am "losing" half of the pixels.

Any hints on how to see the main stream from Android, or it just can not be done for now?

Thanks!

No, you won't. The apps will always access the system over the extra stream, not the main stream. The main stream is where your 1080p recording/viewing is taking place. On the extra stream the maximum output is D1 resolution. This is designed to make the viewing of cameras bandwidth friendly.

Good news though is I doubt you'd really see much of a difference on a screen that size between D1 and 1080P. The resolution would only be visible as you move up onto much larger screens than your Nexus

Nexus is 10" 1920x1080 screen; there is a HUGE difference between watching a stream at 704x576 and 1920x1080 (I can see the 1920x1080 streams with iVMS4500 HD and Hikvision IP cameras).

And the main stream can be accessed remotely, it can be done from PSS from a PC. I am just wondering if it is possible to do it from a tablet/Android. I am also not trying to do it remotely with a bad internet connection, I am right next to the camera.

Use the RTSP stream of the camera with a RTSP Player for Android (or an OnVif-complaint client).

Be carefull, the RTSP stream is not as stable as DAHUA's own and you might get video artefacts.

I think VLC will do. Or a ffmpeg based player.

Use the RTSP stream of the camera with a RTSP Player for Android (or an OnVif-complaint client).

Be carefull, the RTSP stream is not as stable as DAHUA's own and you might get video artefacts.

Awesome idea, didn't even think of that.

Thanks!

There's a difference between the specs that a device shows and the effective performance of that device. Yes, I understand that your Nexus has 1080P resolution on it. However, on a screen size that small your eye can't see the difference between 1080P and a lower resolution.

To give a different perspective, if you have two identical 32" TVs other than resolution (one is 720P and the other can do 1080i or 1080p) it is a waste of your money to spend more on the 1080 version than the 720P. Even though it technically has higher resolution, I would bet that you can't tell a difference in resolution of the two side by side. You really only start to see the difference between 720P and 1080 resolution when get above 42-47". So on your 8" display, the difference in resolution is completely negligible. I use the same IP cameras on my computer and iPad and the iPad looks comparable in quality (on the extra stream at D1 resolution) to the computer. The iPad has Retina display, but the screen size makes the lower resolution nearly unrecognizable.

Also, the extra stream has nothing to do with accessing remotely. I am well aware that you can use either the web browser or PSS and view the extra stream both locally and remotely. The extra stream is an optional view on those applications, or the only stream from mobile devices (smartphone/tablet). That stream is much more bandwidth friendly, and again, doesn't really give a noticeably different resolution on such a small screen.

The RTSP stream would work for you as well, as mentioned. We've extracted feeds from the DVRs before with RTSP for use in other applications and it works fairly well.

@dexterash,

That worked great! VLC is still in beta so it has a few glitches, but it is more than enough for what I need. And the video quality is way better for doing some demos (the camera I am using here has a crappy 2.8mm lens without IR correction). I do get "artifacts" on the video once in a while, no problems.

Thank you! " title="Applause" />

http://i.imgur.com/NpAZFVh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cE8mRB8.jpg

There's a difference between the specs that a device shows and the effective performance of that device. Yes, I understand that your Nexus has 1080P resolution on it. However, on a screen size that small your eye can't see the difference between 1080P and a lower resolution.

To give a different perspective, if you have two identical 32" TVs other than resolution (one is 720P and the other can do 1080i or 1080p) it is a waste of your money to spend more on the 1080 version than the 720P. Even though it technically has higher resolution, I would bet that you can't tell a difference in resolution of the two side by side. You really only start to see the difference between 720P and 1080 resolution when get above 42-47". So on your 8" display, the difference in resolution is completely negligible. I use the same IP cameras on my computer and iPad and the iPad looks comparable in quality (on the extra stream at D1 resolution) to the computer. The iPad has Retina display, but the screen size makes the lower resolution nearly unrecognizable.

Also, the extra stream has nothing to do with accessing remotely. I am well aware that you can use either the web browser or PSS and view the extra stream both locally and remotely. The extra stream is an optional view on those applications, or the only stream from mobile devices (smartphone/tablet). That stream is much more bandwidth friendly, and again, doesn't really give a noticeably different resolution on such a small screen.

The RTSP stream would work for you as well, as mentioned. We've extracted feeds from the DVRs before with RTSP for use in other applications and it works fairly well.

I suppose you mainly use software-MP-enabled cameras (as in upscale)?

Also, a 32'' 720p vs 32'' 1080p would be the same only if... the TV is shut off. Even at 7-10'' screens you will get the difference, if you use the proper source.

For example, take the two pics posted by IP, resize them and put them 1/2-1/2 side-by-side... you will clearly see the difference.

dexterash !

Are you using your "smart phone" to connect to camera direct (using VLC or whatever ) ?

If you're asking me,

I tested my I9000 via RTSP. Why?

I never setup my customer with direct log in to cameras

Always to "NVR" by web services or smart phone client to server

If you're asking me,

It can be done via username/pass encoded RTSP URL stream. This is part of OnVif. (and, yes, can also be integrated with lots of NVR software, even opensource as zoneminder or motion)

Also, it's an embedable stream via QuickTime.

(actually, there are two of them)

If you're asking me,

It can be done via username/pass encoded RTSP URL stream. This is part of OnVif. (and, yes, can also be integrated with lots of NVR software, even opensource as zoneminder or motion)

Also, it's an embedable stream via QuickTime.

(actually, there are two of them)

Still in my "books" leaving ports open for cameras is BIG No

Ah?ports? the url has encoded auth...

I guess to each their own

In North America any decent IT person will NEVER let you open Ports for each camera

That amateur way

What tha...

From 1080p viewable stream on mobile you gone to firewalls/ports about RTSP?

Where's your logic?

And, secondly, RTSP wil become a defacto port(somehow)&protocol when people will migrate to OnVif devices and servers.

But still, where's your logic?

What tha...

From 1080p viewable stream on mobile you gone to firewalls/ports about RTSP?

Where's your logic?

And, secondly, RTSP wil become a defacto port(somehow)&protocol when people will migrate to OnVif devices and servers.

But still, where's your logic?

Are you serious asking about logic ?

so if u have lets say small 24 cam system

u going to open 24 ports or 48 if camera needs 2 ports

WOOW

please "yes" or "no" for answer

ports for what?

who is stupid enough to build a solution with NVRs that are in front of a router?

i think you are misunderstanding some parts... what do you want to know/prove?

be honest. it's simpler. less bloatware around

ports for what?

who is stupid enough to build a solution with NVRs that are in front of a router?

i think you are misunderstanding some parts... what do you want to know/prove?

be honest. it's simpler. less bloatware around

Hmm we have situation

your rtsp stream coming from ?

cam or NVR

that what I was asking

both...or all... nvr/nvs/dvr/ipc/speed dome/its/

the url is in the same format for all... you just add a channel parameter and a stream type (or not)

what's your point?

both...or all... nvr/nvs/dvr/ipc/speed dome/its/

the url is in the same format for all... you just add a channel parameter and a stream type (or not)

what's your point?

Simple

Camera streams is being recorded by what ever (nvr/nvs/dvr)

outside connection only to Server (nvr/nvs/dvr)

Never ever to camera direct

Agree ?