frank1023

New Lorex NVR with 1080P cameras from Costco

I am new to this forum and new to security systems. I just purchased the Swann 1080P NVR system from Costco. I just received a sales flyer from Costco that show a new Lorex 8-channel NVR with 4-1080P cameras for $849.99 that looks just like the Swann NVR and 1080P camera system. The Lorex system is not listed yet on Costco's web site but it goes on sale starting May 1st. I checked Lorex's web site and they do not show any information about it. Has anyone else seen this ad yet? Is this the same product just labeled under Lorex now? Is one company better than the other?

I purchased the Swann NVR system from Costco for my residence. I have only had it for about a month so I can return it if one system is better than the other. I am too new to all this to know if there is a difference or not between these two companies.

Thanks for any information anyone has.

From what I saw comparing the two, the big difference on the very-similar NVRs was that the Lorex did not have the alarm input connector, only a single RS-485 terminal that is listed as "unsupported". The Swann had a multi-input terminal connection in the same location.