JF1980

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I FTP to NAS and push to mobile App?

Can anyone confirm if the HIKVision DS-2CD2032-I or DS-2CD2132-I (stock HIKvision, not rebranded Costco offerings) support FTP to NAS and push to their mobile App?

Not much info on their website and can only seem to find a spec sheet but no manual (although it is late here so perhaps I'm just being dense ).

I was all set to up my budget and go with the ACTi E32 or E72. Only waiting on a decent review (is networkcameracritic buelwinkle from here?) of the dome to decide which to go for. But then I noticed the HIKVision cameras significantly cheaper.

Given I'd be importing the ACTis from US anyway, I figure Im probably not going to benefit from any better support that ACTi may offer for authorised channel purchases. Which makes the HIKVision cameras extremely tempting (I need 6 cameras making it a big saving). Assuming they are Infact the same as the costco offering the sample videos look more then adequate for my needs.

I am quite sure all Hikvision IP cameras support FTP upload. This might help:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Technical%20Materials/01%20%20%20English%20Documentation/02%20%20%20Camera%20IP/02%20%20%20User%20Manual/

I am also sure (and mad about the fact) that Hikvision still does not have push support on their mobile apps, which I think is about time already... I would have a Hikvision DVR myself at home, but I have a Dahua just so I can get push notifications.

Thank you for the link. I browsed the rest of the repository and found some more manuals in the IP camera section. The latest being for firmware v3.0.1:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Technical%20Materials/01%20%20%20English%20Documentation/02%20%20%20Camera%20IP/02%20%20%20User%20Manual/V3.0.1/&file=Hikvision%20User%20Manual%20of%20Network%20Camera%20V3.0.1.pdf

From that it appears you are correct that they support FTP, but do not support push to App. I've emailed them the same question yesterday just to be sure, but I'm guessing I'll receive the same answer.

They do appear to support email on motion trigger, so I need to decide if that's sufficient (we have push email on our devices) or if push to App is important enough to pay double for each camera :/

We install Hikvision DVRs the most, but we have installed lately many Dahua units just for the push notifications. I do not know why is taking so long for them to implement the option on their products, since I think that nowadays it is a must for many users, it was for me, I would have preferred a Hikvision unit, but I end up with a Dahua for the push alone.

Given they've done the hard work of making the App and getting it past Apple, I'm surprised they haven't added push notifications. It is relatively easy in comparison. I still haven't received a response to my email :/

Given these are half the price of the ACTis I'm heavily leaning towards going with HIKVision and just living with email notifications. Hopefully they will implement push to App, but as we have several push email accounts on our devices anyway email will be sufficient if a little more fiddly.

Has anyone seen any reviews for the DS-2CD2132-I, which is the dome version of the same camera? Its not much more and would make for a cleaner install, but I've read domes can be difficult to get right so I'm concerned about buying 6 without some independent images/reviews.

Has anyone seen any reviews for the DS-2CD2132-I, which is the dome version of the same camera? Its not much more and would make for a cleaner install, but I've read domes can be difficult to get right so I'm concerned about buying 6 without some independent images/reviews.

I'm in exactly the same boat.

I have scoured everywhere and cannot find an independant review of this model (DS-2CD2132-I).

I'm ready to purchase this model via Aliexpress, but I'm holding off.

I contacted Buellwinkle (networkcameracritic.com) yesterday (May 1st) and apparently he has since sent off a request to Hikvison to be supplied this model in order to write a review.

Let's cross our fingers and hope Hikvision provides him this model to review.

At the price this camera is listed for, I want it so bad. I need 6!!

(I also use Blue Iris so hopefully Buellwinkle could confirm this works too)

As in my review of the Swann camera, that model worked very well with BlueIris as it has a Hikvision camera choice in the software.