buellwinkle

New Dahua NVR - 5MP, 240fps of 1080P and 8 PoE ports

Why do I always have problems with you? I just finished saying that dahua is lease expensive than other NVR's and was curious how much ANOTHER NVR would be that can record 8 5mp cameras? Why in the world would you even say there is no dahua that can record 8 5mp cameras? Who said there was? And if there was dont you think I would know the price? I install dahua!!

Why do I always have problems with you? I just finished saying that dahua is lease expensive than other NVR's and was curious how much ANOTHER NVR would be that can record 8 5mp cameras? Why in the world would you even say there is no dahua that can record 8 5mp cameras? Who said there was? And if there was dont you think I would know the price? I install dahua!!

victor18...since you install, can you answer my question...are these indeed the same hardware? Not that im in the market for it...but i would like to know because if fo some reason i do decide to change from my paltry swann device i might want one of these.

what you have to remember dahua always list best spec of the biggest NVR
If thats the case...how can it go from 120fps to 230 fps

because the biggest NVR is 32

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr3204-3208-3216--2.html

32xx range is 16 way so they list max of the 16

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr3204-3208-3216--2.html

those links are the same...im sure they were not meant to be. So then after 8 cameras in the 32 it would start dropping frames?

Did they increase the bit rate from 32 to 64 on the 52xx? In my opinion the processer has to be upgraded to perform the increased fps. Based on the os stats I see on the 3216 with the same processer, I do not see how it could support more than 32 mb/s

Did they increase the bit rate from 32 to 64 on the 52xx? In my opinion the processer has to be upgraded to perform the increased fps. Based on the os stats I see on the 3216 with the same processer, I do not see how it could support more than 32 mb/s

I actually emailed that question to Tina at DSD a few times and every time she replies she changes the subject and tells

me something good about this new NVR. I actually ask her why she nevers answers the questions I ask or if she can

have someone technical to answer my emails. Gotta love it, lol.

I actually emailed that question to Tina at DSD a few times and every time she replies she changes the subject and tells

me something good about this new NVR. I actually ask her why she nevers answers the questions I ask or if she can

have someone technical to answer my emails. Gotta love it, lol.

sounds liek a bunch of fishy nonsense!

I'm installing an 8 IP camera job tomorrow in PA and I'm using 1.3mp bullets. I actually went with a 16 channel NVR with 2 3tb

hdd's. The wholesale price difference between the 8 channel and 16 channel was not a big deal. I'll know by tomorrow if I can

get more kbps because of going with the 16 channel for 8 cameras.

I'm installing an 8 IP camera job tomorrow in PA and I'm using 1.3mp bullets. I actually went with a 16 channel NVR with 2 3tb

hdd's. The wholesale price difference between the 8 channel and 16 channel was not a big deal. I'll know by tomorrow if I can

get more kbps because of going with the 16 channel for 8 cameras.

I was looking at a 16 channel for 2(3200C or S) or 3MP(3300C or S) bullets with the 5216

Hi. th111447. your right in every aspect. and a dual core is out but its not a budget unit like the existing units out now

Tomcctv, you state dual core is out there did you intend to say quad core. The 32XX has dual core CPUs. If so, what is the model of the quad core Dahua units?

I'm also still interested if the bit rate has been bumped to 64 mb/s. Even it has I do not think the dual core will be able to handle the load efficiently because the dual core is maxing out at 7 cameras at 720p. Any techies able to answer my questions?

I'm also still interested if the bit rate has been bumped to 64 mb/s. Even it has I do not think the dual core will be able to handle the load efficiently because the dual core is maxing out at 7 cameras at 720p. Any techies able to answer my questions?

This is intriguing to me...because both swann and lorex state 240fps across 8 channels. Which in my epxerience i dont think is true...maybe ill fire off and record on all channels...and see what kinda video I get.

zikronix

I'm assuming you have a different NVR and not the Dahua for the Swann/Lorex cameras and it also has a dual core cpu. It will be interesting to see the results but the cpu intensity could be handled differently with this NVR. If using 720p ensure bit rate is 4096 and if 1080p ensure it is 8096 on each camear and see what happens. My statements were in regards to how the Dahua performs with a dual core cpu but I'd be curious to see the results.

zikronix

I'm assuming you have a different NVR and not the Dahua for the Swann/Lorex cameras and it also has a dual core cpu. It will be interesting to see the results but the cpu intensity could be handled differently with this NVR. If using 720p ensure bit rate is 4096 and if 1080p ensure it is 8096 on each camear and see what happens. My statements were in regards to how the Dahua performs with a dual core cpu but I'd be curious to see the results.

Well the Swann NVR at 1080p 25/30FPS allows a max bitrate of 6144 and but defaults at 3072. If I go into the cameras of course I can change it manually but the nvr over rides it with its settings.

Which is interesting becuase if I go into the camera config the camera is set at 1080p but the bit rate is @ 4096 @ constant. It doesnt give me a drop down...but I can type what ever the hell i want in that box. If I chage it to variable then a box lights up with "low, medium, high, highest"

And this is why im thinking about building a super micro box with a quad core xeon running blue iris.

Well the Swann NVR at 1080p 25/30FPS allows a max bitrate of 6144 and but defaults at 3072. If I go into the cameras of course I can change it manually but the nvr over rides it with its settings.

Doesn't the NVR allow you to change the bit rate? My test was using CBR on the Dahua with 4092 bit rate. I thought to record the best quality for 1080p you need 8092 bit rate. It's obvious there are limitations on all these NVR's. It's figuring out if the NVR will meet the users needs.

I jumped the gun and bought the Dahua NVR-3216 before doing my homework. I think building a system is the best route if your technical. I may start investigating using a Dell PowerEdge server with two quad core CPU's. The IP cameras are CPU bound and this would imply 8 processors. You can pick up a 2900 or 2950 on Ebay for 250 and up. I still need to research it more thoroughly and look at power consumption and disk storage but it definately has the CPU power for what I want to do. I'd like to run 12 cams full quality recording at 720p for the fw2100 cams. Eventually I'll build something but time is the issue with the job and kids.

zikronix-

Try setting CBR(constant bit rate) to 8092 and identify what your max bit rate is on the Swann NVR. It should error at some point and tell you, you have exceeded the bit rate. At least my Dahua does at 32 mb/s. I think you should be using 8092 bit rate with those nice 1080p cams. Curious if the NVR allows you to do this.

zikronix-

Try setting CBR(constant bit rate) to 8092 and identify what your max bit rate is on the Swann NVR. It should error at some point and tell you, you have exceeded the bit rate. At least my Dahua does at 32 mb/s. I think you should be using 8092 bit rate with those nice 1080p cams. Curious if the NVR allows you to do this.

The max the NVR will allow is 6122 according to its Settings. Normally one does not have access to the cameras settings from the swann nvr.

An ivy bridge intel xeon 1230 quad core should be more than enough for the task of 8 cams at 1080P, I would asume. The problem you run into is a product like blue iris is a 32bit application. Which really limits the abilities of the product. If blue iris would use an x64 instruction set then we would be awesome!

...The problem you run into is a product like blue iris is a 32bit application. Which really limits the abilities of the product. If blue iris would use an x64 instruction set then we would be awesome!

Would not a 64-bit version of Blue Iris simply allow it to address more memory? What is the advantage of this when my dedicated BI server rarely utilizes more than 400MB of memory?

...The problem you run into is a product like blue iris is a 32bit application. Which really limits the abilities of the product. If blue iris would use an x64 instruction set then we would be awesome!

Would not a 64-bit version of Blue Iris simply allow it to address more memory? What is the advantage of this when my dedicated BI server rarely utilizes more than 400MB of memory?

1) all pc based processors are x64 thats the native instruction set.

2) on average properly coded x64 applications run twice as fast as their x86 counterpart

3) moving from x86 to x64 allows applications to process larger chunks of data

4) memory x64 usually uses more but it can also address more.

5) stability (usually)

6) Amillion other things that you dont see

All this and more comes down to less work and efficiency for the the processor and application. You can have an x64 os but if your application is coded in 32 bit, you are actually causing the processor to work MORE because it will be using the 32 bit instruction set. Not to mention, memory swapping and disk cacheing.

There arnt many VMS out there that currently support 64bit but this will become and incrasing level of frustration, among users. Some argue that if everything you use is 32bit then using a 64bit os is essentially useless...I have a tendancy to agree with that. What good is a 64bit os and 16 GB ram or more...if your using the 32bit version of photoshop, which uses a legacy instruction set, that requires more work and can only address a max of roughly 3.8GB memory?

There was a reason that in the 90s the company Alpha had the some of the fastest computers in the biz for unix and linux implementations especially for PBX type appications. And thats because of early early renditions of x64 technologies which all ties back to risc vs cisc processing from way back when.

Edited by Guest

...The problem you run into is a product like blue iris is a 32bit application. Which really limits the abilities of the product. If blue iris would use an x64 instruction set then we would be awesome...

You bought a Swann NVR for krikey sakes. More memory and a 64-bit OS I'll give you. But while you explore the Yellow Brick Road I'll purchase faster processors, more cores, faster drives and greater bus width while you tell The Wizard to start re-coding a 64-bit version of Blue Iris.

...The problem you run into is a product like blue iris is a 32bit application. Which really limits the abilities of the product. If blue iris would use an x64 instruction set then we would be awesome...

You bought a Swann NVR for krikey sakes. More memory and a 64-bit OS I'll give you. But while you explore the Yellow Brick Road I'll purchase faster processors, more cores, faster drives and greater bus width while you tell The Wizard to start re-coding a 64-bit version of Blue Iris.

I bought the swann because it was one of those...need it now keep wife happy things. now that its up and running....now i can go back and play! The swann has a very specialized processor rinning a tight ass version of arm linux.

Edited by Guest

...I bought the swann because it was one of those...need it now keep wife happy things. now that its up and running....now i can go back and play!

I gotta hand it to you Z: you take the bullets with a grain of salt. This is actually quite laudable.

...I bought the swann because it was one of those...need it now keep wife happy things. now that its up and running....now i can go back and play!

I gotta hand it to you Z: you take the bullets with a grain of salt. This is actually quite laudable.

If I had time to research something else before i bought it....id still be deciding...ive waffled for for years.