Sign in to follow this  
blake

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I / Lorex 1080P IR Dome any info?

As much as i hate built in IR, i'm wondering if this dome camera is better than the Dahua IPC-HDB3200C? as far as image quality, software support, etc. I could probably disable the IR.

I haven't tried either Dahua or Hik domes, but assuming they're the same basic sensor, processing, and firmware as the bullets, the Hik image quality is better overall. The Dahua 3MP bullet has problems with soft images in the shadows and weird color shifts (there have been several threads on this), though both of these problems may be fixed by software updates.

Dahua's lack of support is legendary. Your supplier may be able to provide firmware and technical support, but you can't get it direct from the manufacturer, and you can with Hik. I've never yet seen a list of software update features from Dahua, though some claim the sellers have it, but nobody's ever posted them. Hik posts them on their support site, along with the firmware.

I'm still searching for an authorized retailer, so that i can purchase these cams independently instead of from a place like Costco.