Sign in to follow this  
dk1000

Need help on Defender 21021 DVD/4 camera system

I bought the defender 21021 system from Home Depot online (was told same as the 21027 system sold at defender's site). I also bought a Swann wireless single camera from Radio Shack.

Since I have a dynamic external IP thru Time-Warner, I would need to have a service that will let me view and control my cameras from anywhere outside of my network and still let me view if my external IP changes, such as Swann's swanndvr dot com service does with my camera from them. Seems like the HTTP port works (I use port 95) using no-ip.org. However for Android must use port 14008, and no-ip doesn't seem to work with that port - or maybe I don't know what to put in the DVR and aSee app on my Android to access that port.

I also need an Android app that will allow some basic camera functionality than just view, I have aSee right now that comes on the defender disk, view only. I understand remote viewing with any controls works in Internet Explorer only due to it using Active-X controls. Any work arounds for Android?

I did finally get thru to tech support at CWD Limited that I got thru Defender's sales number and told pretty much "no" on any service similar to swanndvr, and "no" to do anything more than view from an Android phone. I'm really surprised Defender doesn't have a direct tech support number listed in the box and on the manual like Swann does. Any more direct number that the CWD Limited number? was on hold a half an hour due to "high call volume".

One camera is always showing mixed IR and daylight during the day, any way to fix this? Also, any way for the 21021 model to connect to the router wirelessly? Thanks much.