Sign in to follow this  
blake

Does this Hikvision NVR actually have 8 POE ports?

You know when I look at their network speed domes, they're dahuas! I guess they work with their nvr's no problem, save having to give them their own power supply rather than the built in POE.

I think i can really sell my customers on the built in poe.One less extra piece.There are a lot of people whom want the all in one solution instead of having different pieces around the install.

Sure, for the $100 you pay at Costco above and beyond the cameras, you get 8 PoE ports, 8 channel NVR, 2TB hard drive, it's a no brainer.

As I have learned, just make sure YOU know how to hit the cameras themselves if need be, when dealing with POE NVR's. Know the easy way, and the hard way- you're likely to need both along the way.

As for the hard drive, make sure you fully understand what the client wants...or what you assess they will actually need as far as recording. 2TB's is not much if any exterior cameras are in the mix. 3TB is the least I would start at and if the NRV holds up to 8, suggest to the client it's absolutely worth it right from the start. A 2TB hard drive included in an NVR is like a 500bg included in a DVR- it's a token, but for a commercial facility, it's not nearly enough.