SectorSecurity

Digimerge DVR Issues

Hey gus, so I bought a 16CH DVR for a client, went with the enterprise level DVR and spent over 5 grand just on the DVR, plugged it in connected everything and time to power up, or so I thought. The unit wouldn't power up, so I tried a new plug, still nothing, tried a new power cord, still nothing, time to open up the unit.

I opened the unit to find the hard drives thrown inside 2x 2TB drives, just thrown in the case, only 1 is half connected to the power side, no data, the other ins't connected at all, only the data was connected to the DVD drive, no power. Many capacitors had been damaged, some taken clean off the board, most of the sata connectors were in pieces.

I was in shock to find the drives just thrown in the case on such an expensive unit. I will post pictures of my findings shortly.

Why are you posting this? I'm curious? Either it was a return and your distributor made a mistake putting it back

on the shelf and didn't check it, or the assembly line person was doing lines that day. But hey, I guess you just

want to vent or something, right?