jackal

Geovision DVR Features

hi,

I came across this features in Geovision DVR and I cannot understand it. Can someone explain to me in layman terms.

here goes..

1)Video de-interlace filter

2)Video auto gain controller

3) Video scaling filter

4) Built In Web Server

5) AVI Repair Utility

6) Wavelet Compression.

Thanks for helping me out.

I know a little bit about this one:

4) Built In Web Server - there is an option in the main GV program to turn on a web server. The web server runs on your pc and publishes a simple user interface and your camera feeds to the web. When I turned mine on the web server was being published from my pc's IP address. I then could access the web, enter in my IP address, and view my cameras remotely.

There are some options the user interface lets you select like - compression type, single or multi window, take snapshot, etc. All in all the web interface is really simple but very functional, I like it. The hardest part of setting it up for me was forwarding ports on my router.

Some of these I am not 100% on but here goes.

1/ De Interlace Filter would be I imagine the abilty to use software to render an image correctly, the interlacing effect that was so common a problem for so long (this is where tears appear around the edges of large fast moving objects) can be rectified be handling the interlace 2:1 of fields into frames so that there is littel tearing at the resolutions that are cropped etc.

2/ Video Auto Gain would be where a camera gives a weak signal to the DVr resulting in some kind of video problem, by turning up or down the gain you can enhance the 1v pk to pk signal or decrease it so that it is perfect every time, adding gain can often multiply the noise in the picture.

3/ Video Scaling would be the smarts in a VGA card to handle redering when zooming in, to test this zoom in on a small image say 320x240 and wacthit pixilate or go blocky, try turning this on if your video card supports it and it may show you some better results.

4/ As mentioned

5/ AVI repair would be when corrupted files occur due to an abnormal shut down, the way that windows closes an AVI file can require it to finish it's entire recording that is in buffer memory, so if it crashes or reboots at the wrong moment then you end up witha corrupted AVI, the problem is that because it is corrupted windows can not see how big the file is. I would assume that the repair utility would seek these files and repair them.

6/ Long explanaitions are needed for wavelet compression but basically it is the ability to compress each still image and ascertain what parts of the image require more details (more contours or movement etc) and compress them less, so that flat roads that are all the same shade have little detail but cars that are moving and dynamic shapes require greater detail.