GV800 - 120fps cards.

When you get over 4 channels its not that budget anymore

I was looking at some cheaper 8 and 16 channel cards, but why 8 when a buck more you can get a 16, and also, too many issues, like high CPU usage .. among others. Maybe a cheap stand alone for those guys .. like the AvTech 16 channel (not the Mpeg4 one).

Rory

AV Tech is a good brand for standalone DVRs. Heard it is one of the top DVR manufacturers in the world in volume and pricing. But it is not easy to get AV Tech products because they mostly do OEM or private label for big importers. Someone told me this http://www.jlinks.com/dvr.asp. Is this AV Tech products? Some are MPEG-4 compression...

IF YOUR CUSTOMER WANTS A CHEAP SOLUTION FOR A 8 OR 16 CHANNEL DVR IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE APPLICATION. A CUSTOMER SEEKING A CHEAP SYSTEM FOR A LARGE BUSINESS WITH HEAVY CUSTOMER TRAFFIC AND MONEY TRANSACTIONS WILL NOT GET THE SAME USE OUT OF A CHEAP SYSTEM LIKE A MOM AND POPS LOCATION WOULD.

FOR MOST SMALL STORES, 7.5 FRAMES PER CAMERA IS MORE THAN ENOUGH. FOR LARGER BUSINESSES YOU MIGHT WANT TO BUMP THAT UP TO 10 OR 15 FRAMES PER SECOND.

EXPLAIN TO YOUR CUSTOMER THE BENEFITS OF SPENDING A LITTLE MORE AND RECEIVING A HIGHER FRAME RATE. IF THEY DONT TAKE IT THEN AT LEAST YOU OFFERED.

TRY LOOKING AT THE GEOVISION 8 CHANNEL 60 FPS CARD AND IF THEY CAN SPEND A LITTLE MORE GO WITH THE 8 CHANNEL 120FPS. THAT SHOULD PROVIDE A LOW COST SOLUTION WITH GOOD QUALITY.

Sorry the last link should be jlinks.com. This company is in Canada though but if the price is good I wouldn't mind.

I have used Geovision and its software features are unique and powerful, but it's price is way too much, can someone suggest a good source for GV cards? I am located in Seattle.

Another good PC Based Card brand I have heard is called I-View. Anyone has any insight in this brand and where to buy?

I've used both the Iview and Geo, Iview is a decent card and software runs well, though it doesnt come close in the features compared to Geo.

If you need a cheaper card, but still of decent quality, and dont need all the bells and whisteles, then Iview is a good one to go with .. though not too many people sell it in the US.

Hello, rory

you said you got bad request? we are not sure what is wrong with that? if it is convenient for you , many we could talk via messengers . Our live help, MSN:candy198183@hotmail.com / netdvr@hotmail.com Skype : candy803930 / netdvr_cq Yahoo: tang_candy8183 . Everyone is welcome to contact us.

btw, you can look our software through IE-browse. please go to this link and watch the demo online : http://www.netvisiondvr.com/yanshi.htm