Werner69

I´m getting confused in finding a system

Hello!

I´m reading now for 2 days already in the forum and I learned a lot already. Unfortunately I am good in Networking but I do not understand Cameras. (which lens, ....)

And my English is not the best

I would like to install a camera system to watch 2 houses I own.

Both of them are empty most of the year so it must be a stable system (According to PC or NVR)

And it must be easy to access them remotely by Iphone, Android or PC. Also easy to download the files to my server.

I do not know if it is easy with a NVR system. As far as I read a PC would be the best solution. (I would buy one with Win7, 128GB SSD and 3TB HD for recordings)

For the network I already ordered cat 6 cable and 1GB switch......

Now my problem is the Cameras and the recording system/software.

There is so many possibilities.... Dahua, Axis,....

I think I am ok with 6 Cameras for outside and maybe 1 in the Garage.

My pricerange for it would be around 2,000.00 or maybe a little more if needed. (Only for the Cameras and Software)

As I said it would be important to access from outside as the house is empty most of the year and sometimes also rented.

The internet is DSL so there is no fixed IP. I use Teamviewer but for Iphone/Android I have to use something else. Don´t know what is easiest and best. (Going through MyIP.com?!?) Or is it better to use NVR?!?

Now to the Cameras: I attached a picture of the house using Google Earth. Unfortunately the quality is not very good. The blue circles would be the places where I think of putting the cameras.

Which ones shoud I buy? The Dahua 3300 2MP?!? Or can anybody help me with my decission as I really do not understand it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH and excuse my English please

House.jpg.01d3e1f10075363601541c3ddbc4c0a7.jpg

4672572_Viewfromlake.jpg.9ca2b56c26cc88a4058e2483a6c457d8.jpg

54740017_Viewfromlake2.jpg.b07652a4f68e4623bc451028f180bf08.jpg

As nobody answers I try myself and hpe somebody can hep me if it is a good decission:

I would take 2 dahua HFW3300C:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/dahua-DH-IPC-HFW3300C-Full-HD-3-megapxiel-IP-camera-waterproof-3-3-12mm-varifocal-lens/853150922.html

and 4 Dahua HFW3300

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/dahua-DH-IPC-HFW3300-H-264-support-IR-lens-full-HD-3-Megapixel-IP-Network-Camera/800811850.html

Is it a good decission??

Do I need Cat6 wiring for this camara´s and also 12 V Power? If Yes hor do you normaly connect the 12 V? from a central Box or do you install a 110Vplug close to the camera??

Thank you!!

Your biggest problem will be your upload speed, something tells me you probably have something like 256kb upload so remotely viewing 6 cameras would most likely be very choppy.

NVR and IP cameras are no more complexed and if anything probably simpler then a DVR and analog cameras.

i'd run Cat5 or 6 with a PoE switch at the main house and PoE injectors or hardwire the power on 18/2 wire for the remote cameras. Are the buildings networked to each other?

I am going up there next week (Wisconsin) to do all the work. I don´t know if the buildings are wired yet but I have to do it anyway as I need Internet in every house and I do not want to set up a wireless bridge.

I know that my upload is not very strong (I hope at least 512kb) as there is only DSL available...

I am not going to watch the buildings all the time. I just install the system because the house and property is empty most of the time and the neighbor is a thief

Also the landscaper is sending us invoices that are incredible!

I just haven´t decided on the recording system. Should I use a PC or NVR?

Thanks for your help and if anybody is in North Wisconsin to help ……

By the way, I ordered

2 pcs dahua DH-IPC-HFW3300

3 pcs dahua DH-IPC-HFW3300C Full HD 3 megapxiel IP camera waterproof 3.3~12mm

I hope it was a good decision ....

I need maybe some more but wanted to check this ones first.

Without a question of a doubt, upgrade your internet service! If you attempt to view or playback anything away from your

house, you will be very dissapointed with IP megapixel cameras. If DSL is the only thing available in your area, I would

consider changing your mind and installing very good analog cameras and a DVR.

You also need to remember the limitations of CAT6 cabling 300FT, I also hope you got outdoor/burial cable.

You will most likely need local POE injectors close to the cameras if you are running at extreme distances, which means you will need a power source close to each camera.

Analog may offer you some more options here on your budget, you can have longer cable runs, up to 2000FT with baluns on twisted pair, you can utilize the CAT cabling you already have. 12V power will still need to be fairly close to the cameras however you should have some play here I have gone several hundred feet, but usually try and stay under 100FT at 12V.

If you go analog I would suggest getting 24VAC cameras, much easier to power.

Can I connect this cameras directly to a 12V Power supply or o I have to use POE?

Maybe I just install a plug close to the camera or I use a 2nd wireing for Power supply..

Thank you!