shockwave199

Puzzled to find a camera

I have a place that has 16 cameras throughout the facility. The dvr was swapped out along the way for a speco, but the cables and cameras are original. I believe it was originally a lorex dvr that failed, as the cables are 6 pin dins and the cameras hook up to them and get picture, power, and AUDIO. Apparently audio was built into these cameras and they don't have rca cables- it's all fed through the din line. The thing is that the installers put in cameras with really tight lenses- like 6mm at least and in a room, it sees not much more than a single table, when it is desired to see a wide view of the room. I can't seem to find these cameras anywhere to possibly score different lens ones- say 2.8 or even 3.6mm. I'm only guessing they are lorex because it was a lorex system originally. They have no label on the things, so I'm stumped.

Actually I have two questions.

- Does anyone know of these cameras and where I might find a selection of them?

- Does anyone have a clue what a default speco login is? That's the other part- the owner has no clue how to log into the dvr and nothing typical has worked.

Thanks for any clues.

Login: admin

Password: admin

Login: user

Password: 4321

Login: guest

Password: 4321

That is the default login info for the Speco CMS software, can't say if it will be the same on the DVR.

You may want to try removing the CMOS battery and see if it resets the unit and the password.

As for the cameras the DIN stuff is a little before my time.

Thanks for your reply. I actually tried admin/admin but I will certainly try the user and guest passwords. The cameras are still a mystery. It's actually very slick that they have a built in mic and it all passes though one din cable. But it's not good when you need to find that gear again, down the line.

Shock, why don't you cut the wire, use baluns for video, and you should have either a common ground or a pair for power and a pair for the mic? Than you can use any camera you want. As for the speco, what series is it? If it's a TL series, the password

for admin is 1234 and user is 4321.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Lorex-SG7518-Day-Night-IR-Bullet-Camera-With-Audio/3388923/product.html

Overstock is out of stock, but could email you if they get any.

http://www.hearmeclear.com/sg7518.html

They might have in stock.

They have cheap universal connectors for the din cables, so using any camera was my plan. That is, until he said these cameras have built in audio as well and wanted to replace them with the same type of camera to avoid the expense of adapters and mics and all. We're talking a minimum of 7 or max of all 16 cameras. It's unrealistic at this point, I'm sure. Thanks for the logins- hope the admin one works!

Oh yeah I see that site- thanks. The problem as well is I can't find ANY specs on the lens size, so I can't commit without knowing that. These things have to be 6mm- very tight shots, no wide angle. Even a 3.6 would be more appropriate. Not sure there ever was a choice of lenes, but without that- no go. Thanks for the heads up though!

Yeah, they have plenty of that stuff. I'll have to see what he wants for a final solution.

I feel your pain just rewired an entire building because the original equipment was all DIN crap. I would say try contacting Lorex or visit their website they may or may not still sell what you need.

I actually found the thing last week on ebay. It's an old lorex. I tried to contact lorex but after 15 minutes on hold, I gave up. The only way to deal with it is to try and put a new lens in it. Not interested.