Sign in to follow this  
Oliver1

Dvr freezing every minute

Hi All, I am new to posting on the site but have been following it for a while.

I recently installed a dahua DVR1604HF-U hybrid 16ch dvr and 2 EC-IP5911 ONVIF cameras.

The problem I am having is on the live feed through the dvr the footage freezes for 30 seconds every minute, like clock work pretty much. While the image is frozen on the dvr it is not recording, as I reviewed the playback and the time it was frozen is skipped.

I have logged into the cameras through their I.P address & they are streaming flawlessly, constantly while the dvr's footage is frozen.

I have tried reducing the bit-rate and fps of the cameras footage but neither of these effect the duration what so ever that the image is frozen for which leads me to believe its got nothing to do with them.

Originally I thought it might have something to do with the motion detection settings or alarm settings kicking in and out on the dvr for some reason, so I have turned them all off where possible & the problem continues.

My next thought process is to try a different hard drive as maybe this one cant handle continuously writing? I was also going to try and set up the motion detection so that the hard drives don't have to continuously record, they just record motion, which may require less effort?

Any other ideas towards the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Oliver.

Update: tried a different hdd in a different sata port, no change.

I also tried using it in just motion detection and also so its not recording at all and it still freezes.

I am running out of ideas..

It is exactly the same problem with both cameras together & if they are individually hooked up.

Yeah I have tried that, I have spoken to the camera supplier and the dvr supplier and it looks like the cameras version of onvif is not compatable with the dvr.

They have sent me updated firmware for the camera but after installing it I cant get into either of the cameras and have a couple of expensive paper weights, no surveillance & a headache.

Anyone got any tips to finding cameras that are definitely going to be onvif compatible with my dvr/nvr? The specs of the dvr obviously has a list of compatible products but it seems onvif is not always going to be compatible..