Sign in to follow this  
zimzam

2 HDD recording with Dahua NVR....

I have 2 HDD installed in my Dahua NVR, both set to read/write and system setting to "overwrite when full"

When the first HDD was full it started to record on the 2nd HDD, as expected.

When the 2nd became full it started to rewrite on #2, as expected.

My question is will it always record on HDD 2 from here on out?

What is the best way to have it rewrite to HDD 1, then to HDD 2 or vice versa etc?

To have it always record on the last full HDD seems like a waste as the first one wot be used at all.

Thank You in advance

Not only that, but you're not truly getting max archive time because when each hard dive becomes full, hard drive 1 will have the oldest footage to begin overwriting. I don't know the answer but I'm sure interested to find out as well.

It doesn't make sense if thats the way they record. Than only the first hard drive gets used once? If and only if that is the actual case, I'd rather throw in the largest single hard drive. But hopefully,

someone has the answer to how you should set it up so they are redundan

The one I have access to I only have one 3tb drive in there. I see no settings in config that pertains to this, but it may be because I only have one drive installed. Are you certain you have drive one set to overwrite? Check and see- maybe you have it set to stop recording when full.

I set half my cameras(1,3,5) to record to one drive and the other half(2,4,6) to record to the other. The logs show both drives are recording about the same rate. I do record all the time on all cameras.