Sign in to follow this  
kiwicam

Dahua PSS software, no instructions anywhere?

I have just recently bought a Dahua hfw2100 ip camera, not installed yet but still in testing phase. I had hoped the motion detection software onboard the camera was good but unfortunately it produces a ton of false alarms so is of no use. My next port of call was to use vitamin D pc based software as it works very well with my foscam camera and was easy to figure out how to use without even referring to a manual. Unfortunately I am not having much luck getting it to accept the Dahua so I need to turn to the included free software that came with the camera, called Pro Surveillance System(PSS) but this software is anything but easy to work out how to use. I have the camera video stream been displayed in PSS but that is as far as I can get, I can get any further with it. The first thing I want to test with PSS is the motion detection, at this stage I can't even find out if PSS does it's own motion detection or just takes the results from the camera's motion detection, if the later then I need to move onto some other software. Now the bit that really has me bashing my head against the wall is that I cannot find any manual for this software, either on the cd or online, I find this very difficult to believe that there is no operating instructions anywhere for this software, but try as I might I cannot find them, I must be missing something here, surely, please help?

Blue Iris works well with Dahuas, and has a pretty flexible set of motion detect settings for inexpensive software. You'll still get lots of false alerts on almost any image based motion detect.

Thanks, evnldr, that's good to have the manual even if it has turned out to do not much more than just show you what you will see when you use the program rather than actually anything on how to use the program. The video was good but was from the standpoint of using a nvr which is not what I am doing, I'm just using a pc with the camera.

Thanks for the alternative software solution suggestions, have had a little look at them, will look into them more if need be.

It is a real shame that Vitamin D does not work easily with Dahua like it does with foscam because the software is very easy to use and does everything I want and does it really well, false alerts almost never happen during day using the camera to monitor outside, can't say what the results will be at nighttime yet given a proper camera installation, I would guess some false alerts due to nightlife been attracted to the ir led's.