Securame

Any easy way to capture screenshots from a Dahua IP camera?

I need to get a snapshot from a Dahua IPC-HFW3200S every x minutes. What would be the correct way to do it?

I have checked PSS but I do not see any way to automate it; I can easily make a screenshot by hand, but I think there is no option to automate it. I also see the IPC has snapshot options, but I think that I would need to set up an FTP server.

I have only used Dahua IPCs with NVR and hybrid DVRs, this is the first time I try to record from a computer. I think PSS is not the right program for this, which one should I be using?

Thanks!

I need to get a snapshot from a Dahua IPC-HFW3200S every x minutes. What would be the correct way to do it?

I have checked PSS but I do not see any way to automate it; I can easily make a screenshot by hand, but I think there is no option to automate it. I also see the IPC has snapshot options, but I think that I would need to set up an FTP server.

I have only used Dahua IPCs with NVR and hybrid DVRs, this is the first time I try to record from a computer. I think PSS is not the right program for this, which one should I be using?

Thanks!

You can use FTP storage, HTTP API or ONVIF snapshot function.

Blue Iris will do this.

MaxIcon,

I will check out Blue Iris trial, but I would rather have a way to do it for free

You can use FTP storage, HTTP API or ONVIF snapshot function.

dexterash,

I guess you mean something like the following thread. Looks nice, I will try it out.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34017

Thanks!