i have the hik/costco which is a hikvision DS-2CD2032-I. where can i get a 12mm fixed lens for these cameras. of course hik will not sell/support a lens change. also what is the biggest lens you can mount in these mini bullets? looking to go 110 ft with a fov of 20-40 feet, which puts me at 12-16mm.

You can get decent quality M12 lenses here, based on other people's reports:

http://www.m12lenses.com/M12-Mount-Mega-Pixel-Lenses-s/21.htm

You want to make sure you get one that is the right size for your sensor, and these may or may not do, as the Hik specs have changed from 1/3" to 1/2.5" sensor, or 0.4", and now back to 1/3" again, on their website. These are for 1/3", or 0.33", sensors.

You also want an IR compensated lens, or it will only be in focus in white light or IR light, not both.

There are issues with getting a reliable fit and function with M12 lenses, due to the lack of standards, as discussed in this recent thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36235

What we need, and should be asking of the vendors, is that all vendors should offer replacement lenses for their lines of cameras, with FOV specs for each camera/lens combo, since this is unpredictable with M12 lenses. Some vendors offer this, but not many.

yeah. i think this is part of my fear. so where do you get a 1/2.5 lense? worth trying both. also never went higher then 12mm before other then on a box cam. so what is the physical size limitation if any on a mini bullet.

I have a 12mm Hikvision mini bullet coming in soon, will let you know how it works out. Sometimes it's better to just find another use for the camera you got or sell it on eBay and get one with a 12mm lens.

is that coming with one of there 12mm lens installed? i have not gotten around to ordering one. I was thinking its cheap enough to try it. If i want to dig i could always move the cam. but who wants to do that...

Can anyone confirm if it is indeed possible to successfully change the lens on the hikvision DS-2CD2032-I? From 6mm to 4.2mm for example

Can anyone confirm if it is indeed possible to successfully change the lens on the hikvision DS-2CD2032-I? From 6mm to 4.2mm for example

Hikvision sells this camera with 4mm, 6mm or 12mm lens. So yes, it is possible.

It theoretically possible, but not probable. There's so many things to consider that it's a science experiment. If the lens is too long, clearly it won't fit behind the glass, if it's too short it will have crazy IR light bleed. Then say you find one that is the same exact length, but that doesn't mean it will sit in the correct spot as you have to screw the lens in until it's in focus, so it may be off by 1/8" and not work. Also, you do know the lens is glued in place, so that's a risk too. Then say it all fits, you may have lens quality issues, it may interfere with the ir cut filter operation.

Just order the camera with the lens you want, either re-purpose the camera you have for something else or sell it used on eBay. Seriously, you'll save yourself lots of aggravation. I love my 12mm, so much so I'm ordering 2 more. Perfect for narrow side yards which is where I'm putting one for sure.

It theoretically possible, but not probable. There's so many things to consider that it's a science experiment. If the lens is too long, clearly it won't fit behind the glass, if it's too short it will have crazy IR light bleed. Then say you find one that is the same exact length, but that doesn't mean it will sit in the correct spot as you have to screw the lens in until it's in focus, so it may be off by 1/8" and not work. Also, you do know the lens is glued in place, so that's a risk too. Then say it all fits, you may have lens quality issues, it may interfere with the ir cut filter operation.

Just order the camera with the lens you want, either re-purpose the camera you have for something else or sell it used on eBay. Seriously, you'll save yourself lots of aggravation. I love my 12mm, so much so I'm ordering 2 more. Perfect for narrow side yards which is where I'm putting one for sure.

Sounds risky using a standard m12 lense. Anyone thought of just asking hikvision who supplies their lens? Or even if they will sell the lense on its own?