Sign in to follow this  
mizzymazzy

H.264 DVR 4/8/16-CH Embedded Digital Video Recorder V2.1B

Hi folks

I recently purchased a 1TB H.264 DVR 4/8/16-CH Embedded Digital Video Recorder V2.1B and I'm at a lost as to why the files are not creating for me. It's a 16 Channel device that I have!

I have set the device up according to the instructions and by the look of things the 16 camera's I have are all showing up on the monitor and have a red 'R' in each of them to tell me they are recording (I hope). I have changed the settings to have 15 minute files and 60 minute files but when I go to search for them I keep getting a message that no files created for any search or when I click the file list for a particular time etc the same message appears.

Does anyone know how I can tell if the recording is actually happening and if not how I actually go about recording and creating the files. I did think it saved these automatically e.g. after the 15/30/60 minutes lapse a file would be created for each active camera.

Please please help as the user manual doesn't state anything why files wouldn't be creating or how to start creating them.

Thanks in advance

Hey

There are a few things you can try with them, either one checking the date and time on the system, that it matches the time your trying to search for, as well within the general setting of the DVR channel where you select the FPS and Resolution, does it come up with enable or "on" function , if this still doesn't help, then the HDD could of came undone or it is not formatted.

hope this helps

I reformatted the HDD prior to setting time and all other settings as it asks you to do this first.

I have the time set and after leaving the device on for 24+ hours I went back to search for files within that time space and I just get the no files created message.

LOST