pipabix

IP system "Startin Small" 1 NVR & max 2 Cameras"EXPLAIN POE"

ok lads and ladies,

I have got to do this. . .ive heard of prowlers back my 500 meter long avenue to my house and i have nothing security wise.. .

alarm, no. . i want to see when something happens. or i have a visitor.

money. well. . for the cameras max $300 each, for the nvr max $500/$600

ive been in and out looking on this for a few yrs. learning etc. . .

like a lot, ive been watching tennis between analogue and IP. . .

and well, im going with IP. . you have to really.. . for the obvious reasons. its clear im going IP.

as thers a cost involved, im going to get a good 16 channel NVR. . and for starters 1 or max 2 cameras. . . mainly cause i noticed here a lot of good people in the know keep saying, buy 1 or 2 , .. who knows, maybe you will want a 3.6 or a 6mm lens or a PTZ or need some other requirement etc. . if u buy all 8 now ur shagged. . + get 1 up and running and it will be easier to just add them over the yrs

i will deffo need 8 cameras in total, i know i could get a 8 channel nvr, but its about having that extra capacity.

i have cat5e around the house to the points, 8 in total.

firstly, can someone explain the POE to me, i know its power via the cat5 cable, but its the NVR with a 4 port POE switch. sher whats the point in that if u have 6 or 8 cameras. from what im reading, I can forget about POE port included and just go for a seperate switch box

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-181-164&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1

is that above what i need? how does it work then?. . my camera is plugged in to this box for power ya? what about picture etc.? how does that get to the NVR?

lastly, nice job.

a nice NVR anybody?

camera? http://empiresecuritycameras.com/p-115-esc-ipc1-v-20-1080p-outdoor-bullet-ip-poe-camera-28-12mm-lens-onvif.aspx this one doesnt look too bad for the price?

Thanks

ok lads and ladies,

I have got to do this. . .ive heard of prowlers back my 500 meter long avenue to my house and i have nothing security wise.. .

alarm, no. . i want to see when something happens. or i have a visitor.

money. well. . for the cameras max $300 each, for the nvr max $500/$600

ive been in and out looking on this for a few yrs. learning etc. . .

like a lot, ive been watching tennis between analogue and IP. . .

and well, im going with IP. . you have to really.. . for the obvious reasons. its clear im going IP.

as thers a cost involved, im going to get a good 16 channel NVR. . and for starters 1 or max 2 cameras. . . mainly cause i noticed here a lot of good people in the know keep saying, buy 1 or 2 , .. who knows, maybe you will want a 3.6 or a 6mm lens or a PTZ or need some other requirement etc. . if u buy all 8 now ur shagged. . + get 1 up and running and it will be easier to just add them over the yrs

i will deffo need 8 cameras in total, i know i could get a 8 channel nvr, but its about having that extra capacity.

i have cat5e around the house to the points, 8 in total.

firstly, can someone explain the POE to me, i know its power via the cat5 cable, but its the NVR with a 4 port POE switch. sher whats the point in that if u have 6 or 8 cameras. from what im reading, I can forget about POE port included and just go for a seperate switch box

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-181-164&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1

is that above what i need? how does it work then?. . my camera is plugged in to this box for power ya? what about picture etc.? how does that get to the NVR?

lastly, nice job.

a nice NVR anybody?

camera? http://empiresecuritycameras.com/p-115-esc-ipc1-v-20-1080p-outdoor-bullet-ip-poe-camera-28-12mm-lens-onvif.aspx this one doesnt look too bad for the price?

Thanks

If your switch is providing the POE you need to run an ethernet from the NVR back to the switch still to connect everything.

Digimerge right now has a 4CH NVR with 4 x 2.1MP cameras on sale, forget the exact price but I believe its under 1200. Would really fit your budget.