paowens76

GV-800 System Restarting

Hi Guys,

I have another GV-800 system with problems. The software keeps shutting down and re-starting sometimes it only exits other times it re-starts windows. I thought it may be corrupt video files but I have deleted all the video files and executed the repair database application twice. Has anyone else came accross this problem??? Any help as usual would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.

Check to see if you are getting a Video Lost error message. Check all your camera connections.

Scottj

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.. There was 1 camera disconnected which I put back on..also channell 7 and 8 are showing video loss but there is nothing connected to them. Is there any way I can stop this happening???

Thanks,

Paul.

Ok, easy enough here:

Manually stop the monitoring (recording), stop the network servers, then go to the System Configurations button and click on "Camer/Audio Install" option. Click on the "Activate" button and you will notice a dropdown of all the available camera channels. Uncheck cameras 7 and 8. Click OK and then activate the recording and network servers (if applicable) and you are all done. If Camera 1 is having a problem, this will need to be addressed by checking to make sure the camera is A.) Not defective, or B.) Poor connectivity between the camera and DVR (check the BNC's, probably twist ons). Should take care of your problem.

Scottj

Hi Scott,

Did that ok didn't sort the problem so I reloaded the 6.02 software and it's working fine now...Go figure?? Thanks for your help, I've just started working with these cards so It's great to have somewhere to go if I'm stuck as I have found the tech support at Geovision a complete disaster it's good to know there are some people who actually know about these systems!!!

Thanks Again ,

Paul.

No prob, we have seen just about every type of issue with Geo products so we should always be able to assist you.

Scottj

Hi Guys,

I have installed a GV800v3 on my computer. After running the program an error appeared "Video Lost Watch Dog Process trying to restart program" and a counter on how many seconds before it would restart. If i click the cancel or (x) close the program will continue running, if i forget to cancel or close the program will restart.

Can you help me guys with my problem.

Hi Computer Guy.

Geovision systems are designed to shut down and restart if a camera signal is missing.

You can disable any cameras/channels you are not using.

In the main application, go to the configure button, then "Camera / Audio install"

Limit port to 5 - or however many cameras you have.

Hi Computer Guy.

Geovision systems are designed to shut down and restart if a camera signal is missing.

You can disable any cameras/channels you are not using.

In the main application, go to the configure button, then "Camera / Audio install"

Limit port to 5 - or however many cameras you have.

On the newer software 8.X you can disable this function so that the system do not reboot!

JD

Hi!

I have a problem at the same capture card (GV800V3). When I go to see the recordings everyone of them has at some point a blank blue screen lasting 3-4 seconds or even longer. This stops me seeing what's going on in that room even tho there is movement.(I thought is stops recording when is no movement!).The blue screen repeats itself several times in a 5 min recording.

I'm desperate cuz I changed my old capture card becowse of this blue screen. And this new one has same problem.I looked at the RCA cables and they seem to be ok(they are dual cables RCA one for audio and one for video altho I have audio only for the first two ports). The cameras in live mode don't seem to stop or something like that.

How can the cameras record continously , not just on motion detect?And last question : why do some cameras have some "lines" simetrical to those tv-s with bad signal; is like cameras transmit images from the moon or something.

Manually stop the monitoring (recording), stop the network servers, then go to the System Configurations button and click on "Camer/Audio Install" option

It worked for me.Had same problem with video lost.It worked out and got rid of that enoying beep sound.