Hathol

Bad image at night - Dahua 3300C

Hi,

I would gladly take some advice what to do with my camera (Dahua - 3300C). At the default setting the image is like the one I attached below, it is showing the backside of my house, lawn and a concrete walkway, (the house is white). There is no backlight and completely dark in this area.

Is there anyway to improve it, I have played around with the settings in the webpage but still the default settings is actually the best I could have in my opinion. But still I thought it was supposed to be better.

Any suggestions what I could try to do?

3300C.thumb.JPG.4e42ba315e84cdda366b65c6609683a2.JPG

Not trying to be funny but what's wrong with it? What I found is when I mount cameras and run the them with part of the wall included I don't get good results because the wall reflects the IR in a way that causes the rest of the image to have the wrong exposure and it being white doesn't help. You can try moving the viewing area away from the wall and that may help. Also get someone to stand in the picture and see how it looks.

I agree, what's wrong with it? If it is completely dark in this area, it looks fine to me. I would also try moving the camera a bit to the left, so there is not so much wall on the image.

Same as the others have said. Try pulling it off the wall. And I'm guessing if you turn off the camera, it would be complete darkness so that is actually a decent picture without any other source of lighting.

Agreed on getting the wall out of the pic.

The other thing that helps is playing with WDR, contrast, and noise reduction settings. If it were me, I'd put some objects out there - a chair, some clothes, a sign or poster, a box full of stuff - and start making adjustments to see how everything comes out. Night and day adjustments are always a tradeoff, and you'll figure out what works for you soon enough.

Yeah, humans are best for testing, but I don't have much luck getting my loved ones to stand around in the yard in the dark while I fiddle with cameras. Worked OK the first few times, but now they're always busy, it seems!

LOL! I do it myself because I understand what I'm looking for and I behave as though I would be breaking in. Wear a hoody, a hat, don't look up, do look up, look straight into the camera to see if the IR is blasting me, etc. Then you check playback and adjust what you need to, and recheck. For colors, I use the American flag at each camera. When those colors are dialed in as I see them with my eyes out there, done. This I do with analog, where it can sometimes be needed. With MP cams, the colors are true by default, it seems.