Installed 11 HD-SDI Full Hd Ip68 cameras at a site a couple of weeks ago.Cameras are made by Eyemax.Sold by Unixcctv.They are 12v cameras.Installed 16 channel power supply and not sure of brand but also sold by Unixcctv and 12 volt non fused.The dvr is a DVST-PRO-HS-S6100 HD-SDI full Hd 16 channel dvr made by Prime. Cable used was RG59 split combo made by Telpix. 95% copper.

The problem I am having is a few cameras ,when the IR kicks on at dusk, I start to get video loss logged by the dvr.If you look at the monitor it is just black.It happens all night till dawn when the IR's kick off.I have replaced the problem cameras with new ones and still same problem.I tested the voltage at the camera end and get 12.04v with camera disconnected.With camera connected I get 11.43v. With the IR active my voltage drops to 10.04v

I have never had any problems with cameras or dvrs or power supplies until we started installing HD-SDI full HD cameras.Now its constant call backs and as we know...call backs equal lost time and money.Have called tech support and they where lost.We seem to know more than they do.So now I am here hoping a long time installer or anyone can help me figuer this out.Any and all thoughts and comments are welcome.If the equipment I am using is crap,dont hold back and let me know.

Not sure if it is power related or cabling or what as only 3 of the cameras are losing video when the IR kicks on.Thanks in advance.

Shaun

You've got a power problem there, that power supply is not enough for those 11 cameras and whatever cable lengths you are using.

How many A does it supply? How many A does it supply on each input? Can you adjust the voltage so the output is higher on the power supply end? With voltage drop someone we adjust the output on the power supply maybe as high as 13.8-14V, so the cameras will receive enough A.

The power supply is 25amps and supplies 1.5 amps per channel and is not adjustable.Thanks for your reply.Of to work and will check back later.

The power supply is 25amps and supplies 1.5 amps per channel and is not adjustable.Thanks for your reply.Of to work and will check back later.

Can you tell me which 12v Power supply is available where you can adjust the voltage?Thanks

Shaun

Can you tell me which 12v Power supply is available where you can adjust the voltage?Thanks

On all the 12V power supplies we use there is a small knob next to the connectors that you can turn with a screwdriver. It is used for adjusting the V output with about +-15%.

http://www.securame.com/alimentador-para-pared-transformadores-fuentes-de-alimentacion-c-21_83.html

http://www.securame.com/alimentador-industriales-transformadores-fuentes-de-alimentacion-c-21_82.html

On cameras with very long cables maybe we need to turn up the voltage a little bit to make up for the voltage drop. If you look at the picture on this 12V 15A unit, you can see on the right of the black connectors there is a power led, and also a white knob for adjustment, right on top it says "+V adj".

226388_1.jpg

Thanks for the info.I looked on our power supplies and ours are also adjustable.Adjusted them to 13.8 did the trick.Without your help we would of never of know as the manufacturer was of little help.Thanks again..we are still having a problem with one camera.May be a cable problem or port on the dvr just not sure yet.Thanks again.

One should keep in mind that most consumer grade dvr"s and cameras today are not regulated. This is why the manufacturers insist you use their power supplies.

The input tolerance of a 12V device is usually +- 5%.which means that 12.6V is the absolute upper voltage your DVR or camera can tolerate.

What happens in the common situation when installers turn the power supply up to maximum to get 12V to a distant camera is that the DVR and many cameras close to the power supply are suddenly subjected to a voltage way over the design tolerance. Expect a shorter life span from your hardware if not outright failure.

You need to use multiple power supplies and different gauge power cable to ensure that each camera is powered within it's upper and lower tolerances.