markfirst

CCTV for care homes

I'm completely new to this forum and I know nothing about CCTV systems

Please could someone help me, we've got three care homes where we want to install CCTV with remote access. What is the best system? Each home will need about 5-7 cameras.

Thanks

The best system is the system that does what you need, works well, is reliable, is easy to use, and fits your budget.

There are many 8 channel systems on the market, however without knowing more about your requirements its hard to give you the best system.

How about start with a budget, then decide do you want analog or digital, do you want continuious recording or motion activated, how long are your cabling runs, do you want dome cameras, bullet, PTZ? Do you require night vision, if so how far, do you want alarm input and output?

Without further knowledge or your requirements it's hard to give you the best system.

Sorry I'd appreciate if someone could explain these terms to me? I'm completely new to cctv systems

we are based in Gloucestershire, UK

Sorry I'd appreciate if someone could explain these terms to me? I'm completely new to cctv systems

we are based in Gloucestershire, UK

Start up by undertaking a risk assessment at each site, so that a formal understanding of what the organisation's expectations are going to be. You will also need to document the operational requirement (how the system is to be used, who will use it, who will be able to view it (for what purpose) and how can recorded images be distributed etc)

This should be undertaken before you think about cameras/type of technology etc.

More information on your legal obligations can be found here

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/topic_guides/cctv

Ilkie

Hi,

I would suggest that you should choose 8 Channel DVR(4CIF) system with right cameras respect to the application.

For example : For out door application: IR bullet cameras, indoor day vision: indoor dome cameras, Indoor day/night vision: Indoor IR dome cameras.

Hello

Thanks all for replying.

I've got a few options to choose from. Which DVR system is best: Samsung, Panther or Avtech? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Are Qvis cameras any good?

Thanks

For an 8 channel systems at the low end of the spectrum (usually anything under $1200 for equipment) they are all pretty much the same in terms of quality and user interface. They may have one or two tiny features different between them, but I would not go overboard looking at specs unless you want something a little higher up the food chain.