troyg

Will my image quality improve if I purchase quality cameras

I purchase a cheap setup on eBay. I was on a budget at the time and planning on possible upgrading to a better system next year.

In the mean time I go out and purchase a few 700-750TVL CCD cameras would that improve the image quality.

I mounted two of the 4 cams already on the outside and believe it or not they are not all that bad. I've seen allot worse. I tried mounting one inside my 2 car garage and that was awful. Any recommendation on a cam for the garage.

Here is the system I bought. Any thought on it and did I just waste my money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111094625915?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It's a budget system so you'll get budget results.PAL is limited to 600 lines and NTSC it limited to 525 lines. Anything more than that will not give better results. There is a reason that you can buy 600 line cameras for $50 or $500 & you have discovered it.

Hi,

If you are planning to procure 700TVL or 750 TVL,you have to choose right compatible DVR,like HD-SDI DVR.

If you are expecting better than analog camera resolution in the sense, 1.3MP IR bullet camera with NVR would be the optimum solution.

Hope you found it useful...