Sign in to follow this  
azizk

Need help, Multiple IP cam installation (Hardware, software)

Hello all,

I currently have a large sized house. I plan on installing at least 30 IP cameras for security inside and outside the main building. Ethernet (cat 6) and power connections (normal wall outlet) are available at each point i want to install a camera at.

I would like advice regarding both the software and the hardware to setup the ip cams. I have not made any purchases.

First, I am not set on any specific brand of IP cams, however, quality and warranty are my concerns.

as stated above, i have a power outlet (220v) and an ethernet outet at each point i want a camera at. what is the best way of wiring the power and ethernet cable to the ip cam? I do not want a power adapter and ethernet cable sticking out from the wall to the ip cam. I want to wire the power and ethernet cable directly to the ip cam (from inside the wall) for asthetic purposes. So i need a cam with a built in power supply.

second, I would like to know what kind of compatible software that can run on a computer on the LAN with the following features:

1) Video streaming/remote viewing from tablets (android & IOS)

2) Motion sensing with FTP upload

3) VGA quality recording or above

4) compatible with at least 30 cameras (would like the option of adding more.)

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

You are planning to install 30 ip cameras ?

What about recording?

You are looking at about £60k GBP just for the kit alone !

And you want to fit yourself,sorry mate but a job this size is way out of the remit of a diy'er !

Good luck.

This is actually pretty easy as long as your ethernet is home-run back to a central point.

Install a couple of PoE switches to manage power and the network to the cameras. An NVR (for a residential system I'd use a high-end PC to save $1000 on Windows) with Aimetis (or similar software) with 3 or 4 3TB drives configured with RAID and a small UPS to clean up the power. You're looking at CDN $7-10K with s/w licenses for the whole kit.

Thank you for your input,

I just wanted to make sure that the cat6 specification is standardized throughout the industry so that i would know if my cat6 cables have poe.

I would like to know specifically what kind of cameras i should get.i need them to support vga or above and the outdoor cameras mist withstand severe heat.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your input,

I just wanted to make sure that the cat6 specification is standardized throughout the industry so that i would know if my cat6 cables have poe.

I would like to know specifically what kind of cameras i should get.i need them to support vga or above and the outdoor cameras mist withstand severe heat.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Where are u located ?

I'm located in the middle east. Purchasing from the US isn't a problem.

Thank you