AeR0

Newb from Canada

hey everyone... came across this site while doing some homework for a security camera.

just wondering where i should start on here...

i am looking for a 2 camera setup with night vision.

ive been looking at the swann SWPRO-680 looking to get some feedback and or suggestions!

What's your budget? What do you want to accomplish with the cameras as far as distance, field of view, and level of detail for faces and plates? You just want something to watch live or is the quality of the saved evidence of greater importance? Do you have a computer available for use?

What's your budget? What do you want to accomplish with the cameras as far as distance, field of view, and level of detail for faces and plates? You just want something to watch live or is the quality of the saved evidence of greater importance? Do you have a computer available for use?

quality is important..

and yes i do have a computer

i would like something that could show face and plates but would like to see what kind of money i would be into first off and than see where to go from there.

Get a pair of Swann or Lorex (rebranded Hikvision) bullets ($300-$350/pair) from someplace like Costco or "real" Hiks from Wrightwood Surveillance and run them with Blue Iris ($50) on your existing computer.

edit- plus a PoE switch or maybe a couple of PoE injectors and a switch (or injectors and plug 'em into your router if you've got two free ports and don't want to buy a switch).