sonorabill

Using a Motorola NVG510 modem/router

I did a search and only saw one reference to the NVG510. Hope making a new topic will produce an answer.

Recently ATT switched my DSL service. I no longer have separate modem and Linksys WRT54G router that I can simply refer to the settings I saved on how I did enable the DVR to operate on the internet. The new unit combines the two functions into one box, a Motorola NVG510.

I'm using DVR WEB Client on Internet Explorer to view my cameras. But only get them locally. I'd like to see them from remote locations over the internet. The DVR is a 4CH model GS2008V. I plan to use no-ip.biz for a dns.

So far I tried setting Port 80, but using a online test, seems I have not even got that right. Anyone have experience using the NVG510 modem/router?

I did a search and only saw one reference to the NVG510. Hope making a new topic will produce an answer.

Recently ATT switched my DSL service. I no longer have separate modem and Linksys WRT54G router that I can simply refer to the settings I saved on how I did enable the DVR to operate on the internet. The new unit combines the two functions into one box, a Motorola NVG510.

I'm using DVR WEB Client on Internet Explorer to view my cameras. But only get them locally. I'd like to see them from remote locations over the internet. The DVR is a 4CH model GS2008V. I plan to use no-ip.biz for a dns.

So far I tried setting Port 80, but using a online test, seems I have not even got that right. Anyone have experience using the NVG510 modem/router?

Have you port forwarded port 80? and try a different port I bet port 80 is blocked by your ISP to keep people from hosting web servers on residential connections.