CPT1911

Send 1080p 100 ft to monitor

Hello

I'm installing a Swann NVR with four 1080p cameras. My NVR is in a concealed location and the monitor is across the house mounted in the kitchen. The NVR outputs VGA or HDMI.

What would you recommend for getting the signal across the house? It would be approximately 100ft of wire run or 60 ft straight line distance.

I've run across units that convert HDMI to two Cat5 lines, VGA to Cat5, and of course the expensive 100ft HDMI cable options. Wireless options?

Many thanks.

Dealing with the same problem myself. There are wireless solutions for HDMI on Amazon, but they run about $100-200 depending on the technology. Wireless VGA is actually worse, presumably because there's analog/digital conversions in there. If you have an attic or crawlspace, I think HDMI -> Cat5 -> HDMI is the most economical, reliable, and easy-to-install option ($50 for the converter, $20 for the cable). If you have to do wireless, wireless HDMI will get you full 1080p; wireless composite (480p) will run you about $30 for a HDMI->composite adaptor, and another $50 for a composite transmitter/receiver pair.