Robin2

Using moton detection lamp as covert PIR for a NVR

A PIR can be necessary if sun or shadows constantly trigger motion recording but that can be too obtrusive or not covert enough.

Might it be possible to buy a regular outdoor lighting lamp and use it as a standard motion detection lamp and also use the PIR in it 24/7/365 connected to a NVR to trigger recording or events for a camera placed further away? Any ideas?

Edited by Guest

A PIR can be necessary if sun or shadows constantly trigger motion recording but that can be too obtrusive or not covert enough.

Might it be possible to buy a regular outdoor lighting lamp and use it as a standard motion detection lamp and also use the PIR in it 24/7/365 connected to a NVR to trigger recording or events for a camera placed further away? Any ideas?

Easy,

if u know how to take trigger out from light/PIR unit

I used PIR lamps a lot but am a novice in other PIR use. If you can help me on the way or point me in a direction that would be much appreciated.

Is the light sensor preventing the PIR-light from switching on during the day does not usually cut the power to the PIR?

And where does one pick up the the signals?

I want to run one with a short wire and another one with a long (20-30 meters / 60-90 feet) wire to a Aver EH series Nano. What do I have to look out for?

Another thing I would like is make a covert PIR switched camera lamp. I thought about taking a nice front door lamp with built in PIR and build a small camera like a AXIS P12 Network Camera Series into the big chunk of black plastic containing the PIR underneath the lamp. http://www.axis.com/files/datasheet/ds_p12_48713_en_1211_lo.pdf

In the neighborhood those type of lamps hang everywhere right next to the front door at about head height or a tiny bit higher. Therefore I hope that should give good identification, aided at night by the about 60 watts lamp above it. And the PIR triggers the recording. It is outdoors but rain does not reach the lamp. Does that seem doable or are there better options (doorbells with camera's inside are no good)?