ctbaker

Hikvision Vari-Focal Bullet or fixed with multiple lenses?

Hi,

I am finally ready to move forward with my system. At this point I'd like to buy a single Hikvision bullet for testing purposes and then go all in with the DS-7608NI-SE/8P NVR and additional bullets and a dome. My questions has to do with the bullets. I see you can get the DS-2CD2032-I w/ 4mm lens and swap it out for 6mm or 12mm lenses or there is a vari-focal camera available as DS-2CD2632F-I(S).

I'd like to move the camera around from location to location to figure out what lens I need at each location. I don't see anyone selling the 6mm or 12mm lenses or the vari-focal camera. Are the lenses or vari-focal camera available in the USA anywhere?

Thanks,

Chad

Since the cost of a 4 camera Swann 2MP system from Costco ($1200) is the same price as buying the same setup using Hikvision 3MP cameras and the Hikvision NVR from Nellys, will the vari-focal Swann 2MP (Hikvision sourced) camera from Costco work on a Hikvision branded system from Nellys fine? Can I flash the Hikvision firmware to the vari-focas Swann 2MP camera?

http://www.costco.com/Swann-1080p-HD-IP-Vari-Focal-Bullet-Camera.product.100070294.html

Thanks,

Chad

as mentioned costco sells the varifocal version labelled as swann, can take the same hikvision firmware, i run my varifocal versions at 3mp.

don't try to change the lens on the bullet, they are glued in and very difficult to take off

Since the cost of a 4 camera Swann 2MP system from Costco ($1200) is the same price as buying the same setup using Hikvision 3MP cameras and the Hikvision NVR from ., will the vari-focal Swann 2MP (Hikvision sourced) camera from Costco work on a Hikvision branded system from . fine? Can I flash the Hikvision firmware to the vari-focas Swann 2MP camera?

http://www.costco.com/Swann-1080p-HD-IP-Vari-Focal-Bullet-Camera.product.100070294.html

Thanks,

Chad

you can flash the costco setup to 3mp. the swann varifocal will work with the hikvision system with no problems. I run my swann varifocals with hikvision firmware.

you can flash the costco setup to 3mp. the swann varifocal will work with the hikvision system with no problems. I run my swann varifocals with hikvision firmware.

Are these Costco Swann sufficiently ONVIF compliant to record on motion detection with systems like Avigilon?

Edit: ... using the Hikvision flash.

Are these Costco Swann sufficiently ONVIF compliant to record on motion detection with systems like Avigilon?

Edit: ... using the Hikvision flash.

via PSIA they will work, or so i've been told, ONVIF will NOT work with camera side motion detection

via PSIA they will work, or so i've been told, ONVIF will NOT work with camera side motion detection

Latest ONVIF will work with camera side motion detection

Do you mean latest ONVIF or latest Hikvision implementation of ONVIF?

Do you mean latest ONVIF or latest Hikvision implementation of ONVIF?

hmm good ?

i would say both has to conform

hmm good ?

Yes, both must conform. ONVIF includes provisions for camera motion detection and Hikvision supports at least a subset of ONVIF. Some day, many of these cameras will support ONVIF camera motion detection. My question is the following: Has anyone confirmed that Hikvision has implemented ONVIF camera motion detection in any of these cameras?

Best,

Christopher

hmm good ?

Yes, both must conform. ONVIF includes provisions for camera motion detection and Hikvision supports at least a subset of ONVIF. Some day, many of these cameras will support ONVIF camera motion detection. My question is the following: Has anyone confirmed that Hikvision has implemented ONVIF camera motion detection in any of these cameras?

Best,

Christopher

Call me

hmm good ?

Best,

Christopher

i don't believe they have, i do not think anyone has it working with onvif camera motion detection, my nvr (synology) is onvif profile s won't work with hikvision camera side motion detection which is also onvif profile s i believe.

Hi,

I'd like to move the camera around from location to location to figure out what lens I need at each location. I don't see anyone selling the 6mm or 12mm lenses or the vari-focal camera. Are the lenses or vari-focal camera available in the USA anywhere?

Use the "board lenses" here...

http://www.m12lenses.com/M12-Mount-Mega-Pixel-Lenses-s/21.htm

Spray a little carb cleaner on a cotton swab (shake of any access) and barely wet the glue locking the lens and then pull up with with dental pick or similar tool. It'll come off in a hard chunk easily. Do 1 strip of glue at a time. I've installed the 16mm into a Swann 820 bullet with good results. -EL

i don't believe they have, i do not think anyone has it working with onvif camera motion detection, my nvr (synology) is onvif profile s won't work with hikvision camera side motion detection which is also onvif profile s i believe.

Do not agree

for example in Avigilon

I can pick ONVIF "driver" and connect to number of different cameras

the only difference is

some will give just video

some will give you video and motion recording

Do not agree

for example in Avigilon

the only difference is

since the specific question was does hikvision have camera side motion detection with avigilon? can you please tell us? i have no experience with avigilon, but i know hikvision does not have camera side motion detection with onvif s rated nvr.

Do not agree

for example in Avigilon

the only difference is

since the specific question was does hikvision have camera side motion detection with avigilon? can you please tell us? i have no experience with avigilon, but i know hikvision does not have camera side motion detection with onvif s rated nvr.

Yes motion detection works with Avigilon.

Yes motion detection works with Avigilon.

"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know." - King Arthur

tFylQ6_1bgQ