Joseph Schrag

Low Bandwidth System Design Question

Hi,

We are trying to find a video management system will accommodate cameras in remote locations communicating over low bandwidth connections while at the same time allowing our users a single point of entry. Our requirements are most easily explained with a picture so I've attached one. Does anyone know of a system which will handle these requirements? So, far I've been unable to find one. I'm also open to any suggestions to improve my system design.

Thank You in advance!

Joe Schrag

1850670725_DesiredVMSArchitecture.thumb.png.33dac8328ff2241652d3d02e1c53ac77.png

Hi,

We are trying to find a video management system will accommodate cameras in remote locations communicating over low bandwidth connections while at the same time allowing our users a single point of entry. Our requirements are most easily explained with a picture so I've attached one. Does anyone know of a system which will handle these requirements? So, far I've been unable to find one. I'm also open to any suggestions to improve my system design.

Thank You in advance!

Joe Schrag

Not very hard to do with Avigilon

In my opinion, its not difficult for set up the systems on premises. Basically, all depends on transmit interface, xDSL modem, and 3G/2.5G/2G modem between decentralised spot/palce and central monitoring room. With regarding recording server I think DVR is affordable to do this work. As long as you concerned, the lower speedFPS at good quality, you just set up resolution in high quality but lower fps. Then you can plackback and/or backup to view all footage or event at head place.

Another way is deploying VPN then you can pitch and catch all data via specifi path you default. But preliminary is you are versed in networking and VPN structure.

May I know how far in those scattering spot to head place? If distance is within in some gadget device, here I may recommend you carry out more hassle-free.

After talking with one of their sales engineers, it appears Avigilon will not behave as hoped either. It does not have a way to give our users a single point of entry (single URL pointing to a base/master server) paired with the ability to transcode the video from the recording server through a VPN & onto the web client. He said the mobile gateway component will do this, but only for mobile devices. I have encountered the same issue with both Milestone & OnSSI.