spork947

Another camera placement topic

After having fun with my dropcam I decided its time to setup some outdoor cams. So I purchased 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras. I've always wanted to do this project but was uncertain how I should do the wire runs and mounting. Half of the attic is not really accessible from the vaulted ceilings in the living room but I should be able to feed it around the soffit. I'm not even sure if I will have to put up some extra boards to attach the cams underneath the fascia. I have help coming over and we plan to figure things out then.

For now I need some placement suggestions on a single cam for the front yard. I might post a backyard pic later for the other one. My first thought was to place it on the end by the far window so I could get a view of the general front yard and have some coverage for the windows and front door. Maybe this would also have some of the driveway but we normally don't have a car outside. It would be out of reach here. However I see a lot of suggestions here that its nice to have a close up around the front door. So maybe it should be in the other corner but I wasn't sure how good of coverage I would have on the windows. Also it will be within reach but I'm not overly worried about someone stealing the cam. Maybe I'm nosy but I would also like to monitor whats going on around the sidewalk. Also my house is facing east with a clear view of the sun.

Would there be a huge benefit from having 2 cams in front for me? I guess I could wait on the back so I could finish the front properly. As I said I'm not overly worried about the driveway but it would be nice to know if someone was wandering around there.

This is a old pic but should give a idea of the layout. I have been broken into and already have a full alarm system as well.

Thanks!

DSCN0179.thumb.JPG.70288197f70a013697f772bb789b789d.JPG