If your building your own NVR I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there an alarm input output board availaible? Ive found a few on the net but I cant get a definitive answer of how and if they will work.

2) Do any of the products, support alarm input and outputs?

3) Where does a person purchase said item and is there one recommended over the other ? I have been unsuccessful with my google-fu

it may not fit exactly what you're looking for but Geovision has the GV-REALY V2 which is a relay board for use with GV ip cams

Most IP cameras have input/outputs on them. Encoders also.

The Hikvison don't have the input outputs....yeah yeah I know use a better camera.

If I was using one of their NVR/Encoders I wouldn't have to deal with it. but im not currently

it may not fit exactly what you're looking for but Geovision has the GV-REALY V2 which is a relay board for use with GV ip cams

Yes that's what im looking for, I would like more inputs, but now I kinda know what to look for. I guess that brings me to the next question.

Do products like milestone, avilgon, exaq support these things?

I don't anticipate BI supporting it.

The Hikvison don't have the input outputs....yeah yeah I know use a better camera.

If I was using one of their NVR/Encoders I wouldn't have to deal with it. but im not currently

Here is idea for you

Avigilon camera has I/O

Avigilon software has rules

if u creative u can have lots of fun

Read on their website

Here is idea for you

Avigilon camera has I/O

Read on their website

That idea is nice...but its also like 6 times my budget so....because of how my house is shaped I have no less then 6 cameras out side, and at least 3 inside. With the hikvisons I can pull it off with decent results for a reasonable cost.

Currently im running the swann 8 camera from Costco, and it works well for what it is. It was one of those things wife said do something now stop dicking around...so I did. Now that ive had the chance to do some actual research and put numbers together this is what I came up with!

Most compact cameras don't have alarm inputs these days, though larger ones are more likely to have them. I've been unable to find an alarm input board or USB device for this kind of thing, but I haven't searched very hard.

If your NVR software takes software inputs or commands, you can use a variety of things, like Raspberry Pi, X10, or Sealevel to monitor motion detectors, then send commands to the software. Blue Iris lets you do this, but I've never tried it personally.

Avigilon also natively supports the Moxa E2210 multi port digital IO product and it doesn't require a license.

it's a good product

Avigilon also natively supports the Moxa E2210 multi port digital IO product and it doesn't require a license.

it's a good product

Yep

but who on cctv forum will pay for it

its more then $ 50

Read on their website

You mean like:

When camera A input is triggered pull up camera X in alarm window and set PTZ to preset #5 and require acknowledgement with explanation?