Sign in to follow this  
frontshop

cctv individual camera password protection on 1 dvr

Hi can anyone help, a customer of mine has a warehouse that has 4 units each unit is let to different clients. He has a 4ch DVR and each camera points to each of the unit entrances. He would like to let his clients view their own camera, is there any software available that will allow my customer to assign a password to each camera allowing his clients to only have access to the camera on their unit I hope i have made the situation clear and would appreciate any help thanks in advance.

Hi can anyone help, a customer of mine has a warehouse that has 4 units each unit is let to different clients. He has a 4ch DVR and each camera points to each of the unit entrances. He would like to let his clients view their own camera, is there any software available that will allow my customer to assign a password to each camera allowing his clients to only have access to the camera on their unit I hope i have made the situation clear and would appreciate any help thanks in advance.

yes it should be simple from DVR.... what make do you have ?

With Hikvision and Dahua you can do that with no problems, every user can have different permissions. If he has a cheap no brand DVR, you will probably not have the option dto do it, but you should check any options available under user accounts.