WBowie

BOSCH surveillance camera need help repairing

Our business has an older BOSCH surveillance camera in the parking lot that recently stopped working. The outer shell was so sun faded I cannot make out the exact model. After opening it up to inspect for damage I find on the printed circuit board that this is a 2002 BOSCH design. The model number printed on the board is 3033885-003. Inspecting the components on the board reveals that none of the 3 fuses are blown ..but that the resistor at R101 is burned. I cannot make out the value. I have not been able to get much help from BOSCH since this model has been discontinued. Is anyone familiar with this camera..and might know the value of the resistor at R101?

Thanks!

Our business has an older BOSCH surveillance camera in the parking lot that recently stopped working. The outer shell was so sun faded I cannot make out the exact model. After opening it up to inspect for damage I find on the printed circuit board that this is a 2002 BOSCH design. The model number printed on the board is 3033885-003. Inspecting the components on the board reveals that none of the 3 fuses are blown ..but that the resistor at R101 is burned. I cannot make out the value. I have not been able to get much help from BOSCH since this model has been discontinued. Is anyone familiar with this camera..and might know the value of the resistor at R101?

Thanks!

I have found it is not worth the trouble of repairing cameras short of repairing the 24Vac/12Vdc power supply or simply removing it to run the camera on 12Vdc. That resistor got cooked for a reason & simply replacing it will probably only result in another cooked resistor

I definitely agree with toss.

I'm cheap and I love to pull out my solder iron to repair what I can (I repair classic arcades for fun and extra money)

but trying to repair a burnt camera may not be worth it.

I'd replace it with something comparable.

is it a ptz or fixed? analog i assume?